• Anúncio Global
    Respostas
    Exibições
    Última mensagem

Equação com Radical

ught that in practice every time,

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Jun 29, 2018 01:33

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Nick Foles caught a pass http://www.seattleseahawksteamonline.com/sebastian-janikowski-jersey , for a touchdown no less.

Tom Brady had one fall off his fingertips.

The difference in winning and losing? Perhaps not. Still, Foles’ Philadelphia Eagles beat Brady’s New England Patriots 41-33 in Sunday’s Super Bowl. And while the Eagles’ stunning trick play worked, the Patriots didn’t have the magic.

Article continues below ...
Near the end of the first half, Foles got Philadelphia to the New England 1. A third-down pass to Alshon Jeffery fell incomplete. Coach Doug Pederson never hesitated, as he rarely does in such situations Authentic Taron Johnson Jersey , calling a timeout to set up the critical play.

What he came up with was sublime, if quite a bit unorthodox.

Foles lined up in the slot, while rookie Corey Clement took a direct snap. Clement pitched to tight end Trey Burton, a former quarterback at Florida. Foles slid into the right side of the end zone, uncovered.

Touchdown. Philadelphia 22 Cheap Bo Scarbrough Jersey , New England 12.

”Yeah, that was something we’ve been working on, and Doug and I were talking, and he was like, `Let’s just run it.’ It was a good time Royce Freeman Jersey Elite ,” Foles said. ”And the end was a little wider than I thought, so I was like, `I really need to sell like I’m not doing anything.’

”And it worked, Trey made an amazing throw. I just looked it in and, yeah http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com/james-daniels-jersey , we’ve repped it for a while, so I was excited to get it run in the Super Bowl.”

Brady had the much tougher play , which came three snaps after New England lost receiver Brandin Cooks to a concussion. It was earlier in the second period and might have hit for a long gain.

From the shotgun, the 40-year-old league MVP handed to James White as the halfback ran right to left. Brady then meandered into the flat as White pitched to Danny Amendola. The wideout’s lob slipped off Brady’s outstretched hands – with no defender in sight.

”I’ve caught that in practice every time,” Brady said.

Just not in the Super Bowl.
Imagem

. Cheap Michael Jordan Jersey , Adidas Brad Marchand Jersey , Womens Sylvester Williams Jersey , Authentic Womens Brandon Parker Jersey ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Formação Escolar: ENSINO FUNDAMENTAL I
Andamento: cursando

The 2013 draft, i

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Jun 29, 2018 01:43

mpared to the year prior Wholesale Marquez Valdes-Scantling Jersey , when there was clear jubilation over cornerback Morris Claiborne, who is no longer in Dallas. Our Albert Breer, then with NFL Network, quoted an AFC personnel man about the Frederick pick as saying Wholesale Oren Burks Jersey , “Yuck.” Most teams had graded him as a second- or third-rounder. He didn’t overwhelm athletically, but not enough credit was given to the fact that he came from a pro-style offense at Wisconsin and that he had excellent technique. As one college scouting director says in retrospect, “The ceiling is important, but more important is: Where is his floor? And Frederick had a high floor.” Four years later Wholesale Kenny Young Jersey , he’s been to three Pro Bowls and was named first-team All-Pro; he’s the anchor of an offensive line that powered the Cowboys to the No. 1 seed in the NFC last season. “The Cowboys got beat up for taking Frederick in the first round; people said, oh, they reached on him,” Mark Dominik says. “Well Byron Maxwell Super Bowl LI Jersey , it ended up being one of the best picks of the whole draft.”

The 2013 draft, in summary: Eight of 32 teams (Buffalo, Cleveland, Denver Titans Luke Falk Jersey , Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Miami, Oakland http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/marshall-newhouse-jersey , Tennessee) no longer have a single player from their ’13 draft class currently on their roster. In other words, just four years later, one-quarter of the league had a total washout.

Question? Comment? Story idea? Let us know at talkback@themmqb.comImagem

This article originally appeared on

. Bartolo Colon Jersey Womens , Authentic Womens Chukwuma Okorafor Jersey , Womens Marshall Newhouse Jersey , Authentic Womens Kentavius Street Jersey ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

”You give love and re

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Jun 29, 2018 01:56

OWINGS MILLS Authentic Clayton Keller Jersey , Md. (AP) It’s fitting that Jacoby Jones retired as a member of the Baltimore Ravens. He won a Super Ring with the Ravens, achieved fame and amassed millions during his time in Baltimore.

His three-year stint from 2012-14 featured dozens of record-setting moments, big plays and pivotal touchdowns.

Though he spent only a third of his NFL career with the Ravens, Jones retired Friday surrounded by Baltimore general manager Ozzie Newsome and coach John Harbaugh.

”This organization is a family more than anything,” Jones said. ”The city of Baltimore accepted me. They took me in. It’s love, and I appreciate it. Everything has to come to an end, but at least it’s here.”

Jones played the first five years of his career with the Houston Texans Authentic Dee Gordon Jersey , but was released after fumbling twice in a playoff loss to the Ravens in January 2011.

Baltimore general manager Ozzie Newsome signed Jones to a two-year contract, which marked the beginning of a mutually beneficial relationship between man and team.

”When they took me in, first thing Ozzie said was, `Be yourself. Just don’t get in trouble,”’ Jones said. ”You can’t ask for more than that as a player. If you can be yourself, you can play the best ball you can.”

Jones instantly became a star with the Ravens. He scored four touchdowns during the 2012 regular season and added three more scores in the playoffs – all of them in sensational fashion.

He pulled off perhaps the biggest play in franchise history, a 70-yard touchdown catch in the final minute of regulation against Denver that forced overtime in a game the Ravens ultimately won 38-35.

A few weeks later Packers J'Mon Moore Jersey , Jones scored two TDs and amassed a Super Bowl-record 290 yards in Baltimore’s 34-31 win over San Francisco. After breaking two tackles on a 56-yard touchdown catch, he took a kickoff 108 yards for a score.

Not long after that, the Ravens quashed a kick return to produce Jones’ finest moment as a professional football player.

”When they tackled that dude and that sucker said all zeroes, I knew I was a champion,” Jones recalled.

The Louisiana native did it in New Orleans, which made it even sweeter.

”In the biggest game, on the biggest stage Authentic Auston Matthews Jersey , he had his best game in his home town,” Newsome said. ”That’s surreal.”

A few months later, Jones was flashing his moves on a national stage in ”Dancing With The Stars.” He finished third.

When asked to consider the notion that he helped get the Ravens a Super Bowl and they, in turn, made him famous, Jones replied, ”I won’t say famous. I would say they helped make me a better person and a man. Because they gave me a lot of responsibility. They didn’t have a leash on you.”

Harbaugh recalled the time Jones was talking to his mother in the end zone just a few seconds before the Minnesota Vikings were set to kick off in the latter stages of a game in Baltimore.

Jones scrambled back into place Chargers Kyzir White Jersey , took the kick on the fly and went 77 yards for a touchdown on an icy field.

”He brought us so many memories: The Mile High Miracle, the Minnesota return, the kickoff return in the Super Bowl,” Harbaugh said.

After leaving the Ravens, Jones had a lackluster 2015 season with Pittsburgh and San Diego. He did not play last year and now, at age 33, is ready for retirement – as a Raven.

”You give love and respect Authentic Bo Scarbrough Jersey , you get love and respect back,” Jones said. ”I live in Houston. Everybody is like, `Man, you played the most years with Texans.’ And I say, `So? You all didn’t want me.”’

Imagem

For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL

. New York Jets Elite Jerseys , Authentic Womens Michael Gallup Jersey , Authentic Womens Natrell Jamerson Jersey , Cleveland Browns Customized Jerseys ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Follow Paul Newberry

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Jul 05, 2018 05:11

ATLANTA (AP) The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are looking forward to the return of Jameis Winston.

Not that they’re complaining about his backup.

Ryan Fitzpatrick turned in another solid performance in his third straight start Sunday Cheap Natrell Jamerson Jersey , nearly rallying the Bucs from a 21-point deficit. But a fourth-down pass was batted down near the goal line midway through the fourth quarter, and the Atlanta Falcons held on for a 34-20 victory that snapped Tampa Bay’s two-game winning streak with Fitzpatrick at the helm.

”Ryan did fine,” coach Dirk Koetter said. ”He hung in there and again he didn’t turn the ball over and when you don’t turn the ball over in the NFL, you are going to have a chance, which we did.”

After the Bucs (4-7) fell behind 27-6 early in the third quarter, Fitzpatrick led them back.

He completed four passes for 62 yards, setting up a short touchdown run by Peyton Barber. After the Bucs got the ball back Mark Andrews Jersey Elite , he connected on five throws for 67 yards, in addition to scrambling for an 11-yard gain, before Barber punched it over again from the 1 to bring Tampa Bay within 27-20.

The Bucs then came up with a huge turnover, stripping the ball away from Terron Ward deep in their own territory. Brent Grimes scooped it up at his own 5 and returned it all the way out to the Tampa Bay 42.

Fitzpatrick got the offense cranked up again, working around a sack to push Tampa Bay to second-and-2 at the Atlanta 19. A shot at the end zone fell incomplete and a short throw to Adam Humphries picked up only a yard.

Facing fourth-and-1, the Bucs passed on a field goal and took another shot at the tying touchdown. With 346-pouind Dontari Poe bearing down on him, Fitzpatrick delivered a hurried throw over the middle intended for tight end Cameron Brate.

It was batted down inside the 5 by Falcons safety Keanu Neal.

”With the two-game win streak we had coming in http://www.indianapoliscoltsteamonline.com/kemoko-turay-jersey , the way we battled back in the second half,” Fitzpatrick said, ”this one hurts.”

The Falcons took it the other way, clinching the victory on Tevin Coleman’s 14-yard touchdown run with just under two minutes remaining.

”We had momentum at that time and getting a field goal and being down by four, are we going to stop them or not stop them?” Koetter explained. ”We were playing pretty good on offense, moving the football and made the decision on third down if we didn’t get it we would go for it on fourth.”

Koetter took the blame for the play call.

”I told the players I should have given them a better play,” the coach said. ”You have three or four plays on your sheet for that situation Chris Herndon Super Bowl LI Jersey , and I picked the wrong one.”

Fitzpatrick disagreed.

”I thought it was a really good play call,” he said. ”I wish I would have been able to execute better. That’s a play as a quarterback you love to hear. Coach has some confidence in you to go out there and do it. We just didn’t get it done.”

Fitzpatrick, who celebrated his 35th birthday on Friday, finished 27 of 44 for 283 yards. In three games as the starter , he has completed 66 of 115 (57 percent) for 745 yards, with three touchdowns and one interception.

”Ryan is doing what he can do,” Koetter said. ”I’m fine with how he is playing.”

Winston has been sidelined with a nagging shoulder injury . He’ll be re-evaluated Monday Authentic Uchenna Nwosu Jersey , but his return is still up in the air.

”Not sure about that,” Koetter said. ”That will be a doctor’s call.”

Fitzpatrick will be ready if needed when the Bucs play their third straight road game next Sunday at Green Bay.

”We are all professionals,” he said. ”I appreciate and respect the guys that I’m out there with in the huddle. It’s never fun to lose, but the fight that those guys show every week, I will always appreciate and respect that.”

Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at https://apnews.com/search/paul%20newberry

For more AP NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFLImagem

. Tony Watson Jersey Womens , Kevin Gausman Jersey Womens , Authentic Womens Rick Leonard Jersey , Brad Boxberger Jersey Womens ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

AUO Sublimated Softball Jerseys

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Jul 05, 2018 05:20

To excel in softball Wholesale DJ Chark Jersey , a team’s players need to have fine throwing, fielding, catching, hitting and base running skills. To hone their skills http://www.arizonacardinalsteamonline.com/mason-cole-jersey , they need to practice and work developing their mechanics. Apart from athletic skills, their team uniform can have a positive impact their performance. A stylish uniform which gives the players a distinct identity, would instil in them a sense of discipline while bonding and uniting them as a team. It would fill them with pride and boost their confidence. It is a driving motivation for them to deliver their best performance when they take the field.

If you want to create a unique and great looking softball uniform that well represents your team, and enables your players to stand out from the competition Calvin Ridley Super Bowl LI Jersey , you should approach a renowned online seller of sublimated custom softball uniforms. You simply convey your uniform's requirements to the seller in terms of design, colors, mascot and logo. He will accordingly design, stitch Rashaan Evans Jersey Elite , and deliver new gear to your place in the fastest possible time.

The uniform would feature a remarkable design of your choice. It would fit well and be made from high quality fabric. Your players will look outstanding when they take the field and it would keep them cool and comfortable as they exert during the game. The uniform would positively influence your players’ performance and enable them to leave a great impression on the on fans.

Sports uniforms created through the sublimation process hold a number of advantages over those created through traditional decoration methods. Sublimation allows the creation of a wide variety of custom and attractive designs that range from classic and traditional to wild and crazy.聽 It is a fabric printing process where the dyes are injected into the fabric before assembling the garment which leads to the creation of a truly unique and fully custom garment. Unlike traditional screen printing where ink is laid on the top of the garment, sublimation, ink actually becomes part of the fibers within the fabric.聽 Designs do not sit on the top of the garment as is the case with screen printing or heat press. The design stretches along with the garment and will not crack or fade with the passage of time. The numbers printed on the garment will never peel off and the garment would retain its full moisture wicking properties. These are some of the benefits not offered by traditional decoration methods.

AUO Sublimated Softball Jerseys
A sublimated softball uniform would be resistant to wear and tear whether your players are running, diving or sliding into base. Getting your team’s uniform designed from a reputed online seller of sublimated softball team uniforms can offer you many advantages. Firstly Sebastian Janikowski Super Bowl LI Jersey , you need not visit the seller’s place to design your uniform.聽 You can conveniently convey your needs from home or work through your laptop by using the internet. You will get a uniform featuring an exceptional design that would be custom manufactured and delivered to your place in the fastest possible time.聽 The uniform would be made of quality fabric and would be available at an affordable price.
Imagem
Wearing a custom sublimated softball jersey would give your players a distinct identity. It would make them feel good and look great. The uniform would fuel their passion for sport and motivate them to deliver a top performance when they take the field.

. Authentic Womens D.J. Fluker Jersey , Michael Saunders Jersey Womens , Authentic Womens Robert Griffin III Jersey , Authentic Womens Taven Bryan Jersey ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

While the downhill r

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Jul 05, 2018 05:30

GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN Will Hernandez Super Bowl LI Jersey , Germany (AP) Lindsey Vonn won her second World Cup downhill of the weekend on Sunday in a perfect dress rehearsal for the Pyeongchang Olympics.

It was the American’s third straight triumph in the discipline after also winning in Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy, two weeks ago.

”Two wins is as good as it gets, really. It’s just been a perfect weekend,” said Vonn, who plans to compete in downhill, super-G and the combined event at the Olympics. ”It has really been the exact preparation that I was hoping for going into South Korea.”

In a similar scenario to Saturday’s race, Vonn beat Sofia Goggia for the win. The American clocked 1 minute http://www.dallascowboysteamonline.com/bo-scarbrough-jersey , 37.92 seconds on the Kandahar course to beat her Italian rival by 0.11 seconds, after edging her by just 0.02 the day before. Goggia won two consecutive downhills in January but crashed in the race where Vonn started her winning streak.

Tina Weirather of Liechtenstein was a hundredth of a second further behind in third.

Vonn’s American teammate Stacey Cook crashed and was taken off the hill on a sled ”as a precaution,” the U.S. ski team said, adding that Cook ”is OK.” Another teammate, Jacqueline Wiles, damaged her left knee in a crash Saturday and was ruled out of the Olympics.

Winning another Olympic medal – after taking downhill gold in 2010 but missing the 2014 Sochi Games because of a knee injury – has been Vonn’s declared goal all season.

But after Pyeongchang, her focus will shift back to a record in the sport that has long been regarded as unbeatable.

Vonn’s 81st World Cup win on Sunday left her just five short of the all-time best mark set by Swedish great Ingemar Stenmark in the 1980s.

”You get a little greedy,” Vonn said. ”Once you keep winning Dontae Johnson Super Bowl LI Jersey , you want to win more. For sure, I will ski another season and see how high I can get the number. I know I can continue to win, I just don’t know for how long. I keep racking them up for as long as I can and we will see what number I can get to.”

Vonn has recovered from a rough start to her season, which saw her crashing twice in one of her favorite resorts, Lake Louise, and dealing with back and knee problems.

”I have really picked up a lot of momentum,” she said after Sunday’s win. ”I feel really good physically, mentally. And everything is working well Cheap Marquez Valdes-Scantling Jersey , my equipment is working well, my preparation is perfect. It really couldn’t be better going into the Olympics.”

Vonn trailed Weirather by 0.30 seconds halfway down the course but found the fastest line in the turning final section.

The American’s lead came under threat a few minutes later. Goggia was ahead by 0.04 at the second and 0.07 at the fourth split time, but failed to match Vonn’s pace on the bottom part of the hill.

Still, Goggia was still content after finishing her run.

”I am pretty happy to come away from Garmisch with two solid runs, two solid races, solid skiing,” the Italian said. ”This is what I was hoping for after the crash in Cortina.”
Imagem
While the downhill rivalry between Vonn and Goggia has been shaping up nicely going into the Olympics, Weirather made it clear the competition isn’t far off.

”I am going to the Olympics with confidence Steelers Chukwuma Okorafor Jersey ,” said Weirather, daughter of the two-time Olympic gold medalist from 1980, Hanni Wenzel. ”The race today was important. I know that I am up there with the best.”

. Womens Kerryon Johnson Jersey , Cheap Reggie Miller Jersey , Adidas Aleksander Barkov Jersey , Cheap Dennis Smith Jr. Jersey ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

.916 save percentage this season,

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Jul 05, 2018 05:36

CHICAGO — The Chicago Blackhawks will aim for their third win in a row when they host the Minnesota Wild on Wednesday night at the United Center.

Chicago (21-15-6) has surged recently despite the absences of No. 1 goaltender Corey Crawford and veteran center Artem Anisimov Wholesale Josh Sweat Jersey , both of whom have upper-body injuries. The Blackhawks have scored four-plus goals in four consecutive games and five of their past six, including an 8-2 shellacking of the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday night.

Blackhawks right winger Patrick Kane notched a career-high five points (one goal, four assists) in the victory, while centers Jonathan Toews and Nick Schmaltz scored two goals apiece.

“When everyone’s playing their game Authentic Vladimir Tarasenko Jersey , everyone’s contributing, I think we’re a dangerous team,” Schmaltz said to the Chicago Sun-Times. “Four lines contributed (last night). It’s scary when we’re playing that well for other teams. They don’t know who to match up against.”

Minnesota (22-17-4) also will play on short rest after losing 3-2 in overtime to the Calgary Flames on Tuesday night. The Wild erased a two-goal deficit in the third period to collect one point in the standings.

The Wild are winless in their past two games after winning four of the previous five contests. Along with Chicago, they are one of a half-dozen teams separated by a couple points in a crowded Western Conference playoff race.

“It seems that every team is up there http://www.denverbroncosteamonline.com/royce-freeman-jersey , and it’s very close, and one win or one loss takes teams in or out of the playoffs,” Wild captain Mikko Koivu said to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “That’s the way it’s going to be all the way to the end. That’s why every game is critical.”

Minus Crawford, the Blackhawks have split time between goaltenders Anton Forsberg and Jeff Glass. Forsberg started Tuesday in Ottawa and made 25 saves to improve to 3-5-3 on the season. In his only career start against Minnesota Preston Brown Super Bowl LI Jersey , he stopped 29 of 31 shots but drew the loss.

Glass, a 32-year-old rookie, has yet to face Minnesota in his brief NHL career. He has a 2-1-1 record with a 3.51 goals-against average and a .908 save percentage in his first four starts.

Minnesota likely will turn to Devan Dubnyk in net after he rested Tuesday against the Flames in the first game of a back-to-back set. Dubnyk is 15-9-2 with a 2.72 GAA and .916 save percentage this season, and he is 11-8-0 with a 2.90 GAA and .915 save percentage in 22 career appearances against Chicago.

Wild goaltender Alex Stalock started in his team’s most recent game against the Blackhawks. He made 42 saves but took the loss. In two games against Chicago Authentic Akeem Spence Jersey , he is 1-1-0 with a 2.42 GAA and .938 save percentage.

This is the fourth meeting of the regular season between the division rivals. The Wild won the first game 5-2 on Oct. 12 at the United Center. The Blackhawks responded with a 2-0 win on Nov. 4 at the Xcel Energy Center and a 4-1 win on Dec. 17 back at the United Center.

Chicago is 11-6-2 at home this season. Minnesota is 8-13-1 on the road.

Imagem
. Womens Jaire Alexander Jersey , Kansas City Chiefs Elite Jerseys , Womens Adrian Clayborn Jersey , Authentic Womens Da'Ron Payne Jersey ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

won the series in seven game

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Jul 05, 2018 05:43

WASHINGTON — For a group making their first trip to the Eastern Conference Final Buccaneers Jordan Whitehead Jersey , the Washington Capitals look right at home.

Even when they are on the road.

The Capitals come home to Capital One Arena for Game 3 on Tuesday night sporting a 2-0 lead over a Tampa Bay Lightning team that won the most games in the NHL during the regular season.

“I can’t wait to go home and play the game,” Alex Ovechkin told the Washington Post after Game 2. “The fans are going to be all over the place and we’ve waited for this moment for a long time. It’s going to be pretty cool and pretty special.”

The Capitals improved to 7-1 on the road in these playoffs with Sunday’s 6-2 win and the Lightning now must win one of two in Washington to send the series back to Tampa Bay.

Road teams that have taken a 2-0 series lead in the NHL conference finals have an 18-1 series record. The Capitals are 3-3 at home this postseason.

“We’re here for a reason. We believe in ourselves and in this group,” Tampa Bay’s Victor Hedman told the team’s website. “We’ve got to go out there and win games on the road, and we’ve done that in the playoffs and we’ve got to do it again.”

Washington has outscored the Lightning 10-4 despite playing without center Nicklas Backstrom (right hand injury). Lars Eller moved up to the second line and scored a goal for the second straight game. He has four points in two games.

“I like the playoffs,” Eller, who has 11 points (five goals http://www.philadelphiaeaglesteamonlines.com/richard-rodgers-jersey , six assists) this postseason, told NHL.com. “I embrace when there’s more on the line and the stakes are higher. I always like that, and I think that it brings out in the best in me, and now with Nick out I’ve just been playing more minutes.”

Washington’s defensive play has limited the Lightning to one even-strength goal in the first two games, and the Capitals have succeeded in generating odd-man rushes when they have the puck.

Eller and Evgeny Kuznetsov had a goal and two assists in Game 2, and Ovechkin and Tom Wilson each had a goal and an assist. Braden Holtby made 33 saves for Washington and has stopped 52 of 56 shots in two games http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/russell-bodine-jersey , winning the goaltending battle with Andrei Vasilevskiy.

The Capitals scored twice late in the second period to take a 4-2 lead, including a power-play goal by Kuznetsov with three seconds left, and cruised home.

Brayden Point and Steven Stamkos scored Game 2 goals — Vasilevskiy made 31 saves — for Tampa Bay, which lost two games in a row for the first time this postseason.

“If there is one thing I can sit here and say about these two games, it’s we just played tentative and a little bit slow,” Lightning coach Jon Cooper told NHL.com. “We didn’t get 113 points by playing that way. We didn’t win the first two rounds by playing that way. These first two games Wholesale Sebastian Janikowski Jersey , that’s the way we’ve played.”

One bright note for the Lightning, the last time they lost two straight home playoff games, in the 2015 conference final against the New York Rangers (Games 4 and 6), they won the series in seven games.
Imagem
“Sometimes, adversity is gut-check time and let’s see who we really are,” Stamkos told NHL.com. “We haven’t had to really deal with that so far in the playoffs. Now we are Steelers Terrell Edmunds Jersey , so we’ll see what type of team we are.”

. Drew Hutchison Jersey Womens , Cheap DeMarcus Cousins Jersey , Womens Marquis Haynes Jersey , Authentic Womens Sam Darnold Jersey ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

SIGNING OEL: One of the Coyotes’ top

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Jul 05, 2018 05:52

GLENDALE Cheap Kemoko Turay Jersey , Ariz. (AP) The Arizona Coyotes were one of the NHL’s best teams the final two months of the 2017-18 season, playing the kind of hockey coach Rick Tocchet envisioned his first season in the desert.

If only they had started rolling a few months earlier.

Plagued by the worst start in franchise history, the Coyotes finished last in the Western Conference and missed the playoffs for the sixth straight season, yet they have a glimmer of hope for the future thanks to their flourish to the finish.

”There’s a lot of good positive things and we just have to keep pushing the pedal. We can’t stand pat,” Tocchet said. ”We can’t pat ourselves on the back, `Hey, we had a great second half.’ We’re still one of the bottom teams Authentic Ben Zobrist Jersey , which is reality, but saying that I thought we made a lot of strides.”

The Coyotes made dramatic changes in hopes of ending their postseason-less run. Arizona parted ways with coach Dave Tippett and replaced him with Tocchet. Longtime captain Shane Doan’s contract was not renewed, No. 1 goalie Mike Smith was traded to Calgary and the Coyotes brought in a new group of players they hoped would lead the franchise out of its rut.

Antti Raanta became the new top goalie, defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson was added to shore up the defense and Derek Stepan was expected to be the top-line center the team had sought for years.

Little went according to plan. Raanta missed the first seven games with a lower-body injury and the Coyotes had trouble holding on to leads – when they could get them – and opened the season 1-12-1. Arizona could not escape the deep early hole, laboring at the bottom of the NHL standings throughout the first half of the season.

The Coyotes started to click after the All-Star break. Raanta was healthy and stopping shots. The defense, a detriment early, tightened up. The offense Taron Johnson Super Bowl LI Jersey , led by a core of young scorers, started to flow instead of sputter.

Arizona went 17-9-3 over its final 29 games, finishing 29-41-12 with 70 points. The Coyotes were still last in the Pacific Division, but managed to finish ahead of Ottawa and Buffalo among the league’s bottom dwellers.

”I’ve got all the confidence in this group,” said Stepan, who had 14 goals and was second on the team with 56 points. ”They’ve learned a lot this season and you’ve got to be able to carry that over into next season and continue to learn, and the older guys got to learn from the younger guys. It’s got to be a balanced group.”

RAANTA’S RIDE: Raanta had a rough ride his first season as a No. 1 goalie Hayden Hurst Super Bowl LI Jersey , battling through separate injuries. Once he was healthy, the Finnish goalie played like the Coyotes had hoped he would after trading for him from the New York Rangers.

Raanta finished the season 21-17-6 with a 2.24 goals-against average and a save percentage of .930. He was scheduled to become a restricted free agent this offseason, but the Coyotes locked him up for the next three years with a $12.75 million contract just before the season ended.

”He stops the puck,” Coyotes GM John Chayka said. ”He just seems to, when he’s on, he’s locked in and he’s reading everything and making the game look easy. You put up his numbers both this season and over his career, he’s a high Adidas Jamie Benn Jersey , high-end goaltender in terms of stopping the puck.”

KELLER’S RISE: Clayton Keller got his rookie season off to a sizzling start, went through a dry scoring spell and finished strong to put himself in the Calder Trophy conversation.

The No. 7 overall pick in the 2016 draft was the NHL’s leading rookie scorer during the season’s first month with nine goals and 15 assists before going 17 games without a goal into December. Keller closed strong with six goals and 15 assists in March and April, finishing with 23 goals and 65 points to lead the Coyotes in both categories.

SIGNING OEL: One of the Coyotes’ top offseason priorities will be trying to sign All-Star defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson as he heads into the last year of his contract.

Once thought to be a trade target during Arizona’s rebuilding process, the Finnish defenseman remained a core player for the Coyotes, finishing fourth on the team with 42 points. He wants to stay in the desert and the Coyotes want him, so it’s a matter of coming to terms.

Imagem

. Adidas Justin Faulk Jersey , Womens Brandon Parker Jersey , Chicago Bears Customized Jerseys , Womens Tre'Quan Smith Jersey ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

with two goals.

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Jul 05, 2018 05:59

LAS VEGAS (AP) The Latest on Game 1 of the Stanley Cup between the Washington Capitals and Vegas Golden Knights (all times local):

8:40 p.m.

The Washington Capitals have a high-flying Rasheem Green Super Bowl LI Jersey , hard-hitting team and history working against them.

Tomas Nosek scored the tiebreaking goal midway through the third period and added an empty-net goal in the closing seconds to help the Vegas Golden Knights beat Washington 6-4 in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Since the final went to a best-of-seven format in 1939, the winner of Game 1 has gone on to hoist the Cup the last six years and 61 of the last 78 times.

Boston is the last team to bounce back from losing Game 1 to win an NHL title.

The Bruins, in fact, opened the 2011 Final with two losses against the Vancouver Canucks before rallying and winning in seven games.

8:10 p.m.

The Vegas Golden Knights took another step in their unlikely quest to win the Stanley Cup, beating the Washington Capitals 6-4 in a Game 1 thriller.

Fourth-line forward Tomas Nosek scored a go-ahead goal midway through the third period and had an empty-net goal with 2.7 seconds left.

Marc-Andre Fleury made 24 saves for the Golden Knights. Braden Holtby made 28 saves for the Capitals Cheap Ronnie Harrison Jersey , who are 0-5 in franchise history in the Stanley Cup Final.

Vegas will host Game 2 on Wednesday night.

Shortly before the empty-net goal, Lars Eller of the Capitals had the puck go off the end of his stick blade with a wide-open net in front of him and a chance to tie the game.

7:55 p.m.

The Vegas Golden Knights are showing how deep and talented they are in the Stanley Cup Final.

Tomas Nosek scored a go-ahead goal midway through the third period to give the Vegas Golden Knights a 5-4 lead over the Washington Capitals in a Game 1 thriller.

Nosek’s one-timer from the right side was set up by Shea Theodore’s cross-ice pass. Ryan Reaves, the third player on Vegas’ fourth line, had tied the game early in the third.

7:50 p.m.

Jonathan Marchessault, Vegas’ leading scorer in the playoffs Wholesale Arden Key Jersey , walked off the ice and toward the Golden Knights’ dressing room after taking an open-ice check.

Washington’s Tom Wilson landed a blind-sided hit on Marchessault well after he got rid of the puck near center ice.

Wilson was later called for interference against Marchessault after the officials gathered to discuss what happened. David Perron, who had come off Vegas’ bench, was penalized for cross-checking Alex Ovechkin during the same stoppage of play 5:53 into the third period.

Marchessault later returned to the ice.

7:35 p.m.

Vegas and Washington are putting on a show in the Stanley Cup Final opener.

Tom Wilson put the Capitals ahead early in the third period and Ryan Reaves evened the score at 4-all for the Golden Knights just 1:31 later, setting up a fantastic finish in Game 1.

Wilson finished off a sequence in which he and his teammates, including Alex Ovechkin Saints Natrell Jamerson Jersey , finally found some time and space with the puck against the speedy, swarming Golden Knights.

That quieted the Vegas crowd, but not for long. Reaves scored the game-tying goal by lifting a loose puck over Braden Holtby.

7:10 p.m.

It’s all tied up after the first two periods in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.

The Vegas Golden Knights killed their first penalty with a little help from the post behind Marc-Andre Fleury as John Carlson drew iron on a shot late in the second period. Moments later, Fleury gave the post to his right a friendly tap with his right glove to give thanks after his team was penalized for having too many men on the ice.

The Golden Knights and Capitals head into the third period tied 3-3 after an entertaining opening to a series between two teams seeking their first NHL championship.

Fleury had stopped 15 shots through two periods and Braden Holtby had stopped 22 for the Capitals.

6:45 p.m.

One of the hottest shows on the Strip isn’t showing signs of slowing down.

Reilly Smith put the Vegas Golden Knights ahead early in the second period and John Carlson pulled the Washington Capitals into a 3-3 tie as Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final reached the halfway point.

Just like the opening period, Vegas was able to generate more offense. The Golden Knights were outshooting the Capitals 10-5 midway through the second and 21-15 overall.

Both teams had some trouble keeping the puck settled at times. Crews were working on the ice during stoppages in play Authentic Claude Giroux Jersey , adding water and shoveling shavings away.

6:10 p.m.

The Vegas Golden Knights and Washington Capitals are tied 2-2 after a wild first period in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Brett Connolly and Nicklas Backstrom scored 42 seconds apart to put the Capitals ahead and William Karlsson answered with a goal late in the period.

Both teams took advantage of having players with soft hands, allowing them to redirect rolling and wobbling pucks into the net.

Washington’s Braden Holtby withstood a flurry of shots early in the period and finished the opening 20 minutes with nine saves. Marc-Andre Fleury didn’t have to stop a shot for more than five minutes before Washington woke up.

Colin Miller fired up the home crowd by scoring 7:15 into the game on a power play, slapping a shot past Holtby, who appeared to be screened. Washington roared back with two goals.

5:40 p.m.Imagem

The Vegas Golden Knights have jumped out to a 1-0 lead less than 10 minutes into the opening game of the Stanley Cup Final against Washington.

Colin Mil. Authentic Womens Tyquan Lewis Jersey , Adidas Johnny Gaudreau Jersey , Authentic Womens Jordan Whitehead Jersey , Adidas Gordie Howe Jersey ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Hakstol more than hinted rook

Mensagempor elaine95 » Qui Jul 05, 2018 06:09

BOSTON — It was a tough night all around for the Philadelphia Flyers.

Playing with a nor’easter carrying on outside the Wells Fargo center Calvin Ridley Super Bowl LI Jersey , the Flyers missed a chance to move into a tie for first place in the Metropolitan Division Wednesday night with a 5-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins — their third loss in as many tries against their rivals this season.

The Flyers’ fourth straight loss after 10 wins in 11 games was only the start of the problems, as the team faced weather uncertainty for a trip into stormy Boston for Thursday night’s game.

Oh, and we should probably tell you the Bruins, snug in their beds at home while the Flyers played, have won four straight on their current six-game homestand.

The Flyers, anything but a sure bet to make the playoffs let alone finish first in their division, got Wayne Simmonds back Wednesday after a seven-game injury absence, but still fell and have allowed 20 goals in the four losses.

The Flyers went 0-for-5 on the power play and have one goal on their last 19 chances.

“Our power play was (expletive) tonight Authentic Ted Williams Jersey ,” Philadelphia center Claude Giroux said after Wednesday’s game.

Philadelphia faces a Bruins team that lost Patrice Bergeron before the start of this streak but have cruised along, anyway. They lost rookie defenseman Charlie McAvoy to a knee injury that should cost him a month, and will also be without veteran David Backes, who received a three-game suspension from the NHL on Wednesday for a Tuesday night hit on Detroit’s Frans Nielsen.

But with Bergeron out, his linemate, Brad Marchand, playing with Riley Nash as his substitute center, has been magical. He has scored overtime goals in the last two games Wholesale Jalyn Holmes Jersey , giving him the club regular season record with 11 and capped a three-goal/two-assist effort when he scored the winner in Tuesday’s sloppy 6-5 win over the Red Wings.

For the season, Marchand has 28 goals, 66 points and is a plus-31 in 51 games.

Asked Tuesday about his little pest’s ability to score when it matters, his coach, Bruce Cassidy, said:

“I appreciate all of it. I’ve known Brad a long time. I’ve got a lot of respect for the way he plays the game, the way he conducts himself as a person, as a pro Authentic Shelby Miller Jersey , and we need it.

“I was chuckling after the game because, you know, there he is, puck finds him, but he’s on it, doesn’t quit, made some real nice plays tonight.”

Bergeron was on his way right into the MVP race when he got hurt and you could easily make the argument Marchand is now part of that discussion.

Tuukka Rask, who has missed the last two games with what is being called a minor injury Authentic Cam Fowler Jersey , shut the Flyers out 3-0 in Philadelphia back on Dec. 2. Anton Khudobin has played very well in the two games and could be back in there Thursday night.

For the Flyers, Petr Mrazek has played the last six games after coming over from Detroit at the deadline because injuries had left Philadelphia without a veteran. Coach Dave Hakstol more than hinted rookie Alex Lyon would start one of the games of this back-to-back, and Mrazek played Wednesday.

“I thought Petr played a good game,” coach Hakstol said after Mrazek surrendered four Wednesday night.
Imagem
The Bruins have scored 20 goals during their winning streak but clearly missed McAvoy, who went down on the first shift on Saturday night’s win over Montreal, on Tuesday.

Boston trails the Tampa Bay Lightning by six points for the Atlantic (and NHL) lead but has three games in hand and have three games remaining with Tampa Bay.

. Adidas Mike Green Jersey , Cheap Eric Gordon Jersey , Authentic Womens Jalyn Holmes Jersey , Cheap Reggie Jackson Jersey ,
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

, by far the most

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Ago 10, 2018 23:13

Having home ice is supposed to be an advantage in the NHL. So far in the 2018 playoffs Patrick Omameh Color Rush Jersey , the only guarantee to playing at home is a monochrome backdrop provided by fans in team-specific T-shirts.

Consider the following:

– The Pittsburgh Penguins finished with the second-worst road record among the 16 playoff teams. Then the two-time defending Stanley Cup champions ripped off three wins in Philadelphia to kickstart their pursuit of a three-peat and backed it up with another victory in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference semifinal series in Washington.

– The Capitals dropped Games 1 and 2 at home in overtime against Columbus in the opening round only to beat the Blue Jackets three times in Columbus on their way to advancing to the NHL’s final eight for the fourth consecutive year.

– Winnipeg posted an NHL-high 32 wins on home ice. One of their seven regulation home losses, however, was a wild 6-5 setback at the hands of Nashville in February. The Predators‘ triumph helped them win the Presidents Trophy and guarantee home ice through the playoffs. The Jets, of course, won the series opener in Nashville to steal that advantage.

Home teams are just 26-26 so far in the playoffs heading into Tuesday, when Pittsburgh hosts Washington (7:30 p.m. Eastern, NBCSN) and Winnipeg welcomes the Predators (8 p.m., CNBC). Both series are tied after the visitors claimed their respective openers on the road.

Asked why the games have become a coin flip regardless of venue, Penguins coach Mike Sullivan – whose team was outplayed at PPG Paints Arena by Philadelphia in Game 2 and Game 5 in the opening round – admits he can’t really come up with a reason.

”I don’t know if I have answer for you that makes sense,” Sullivan said Monday. ”Sometimes when teams go on the road http://www.packersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-marquez-valdes-scantling-jersey , they have tendency to simplify their game … I know our team historically has been very good at home and I believe we will continue to do that.”

If Pittsburgh wants to become the first franchise in 35 years to win three straight titles, it doesn’t really have much of a choice. Though Sullivan is right in that the Penguins are pretty good at PPG Paints Arena, they’ve only been so-so when facing the Capitals. Washington won Game 3 and Game 6 in Pittsburgh during the 2017 postseason and wrapped up its third straight Metropolitan Division title with a 3-1 win there on April 1.

”You’ve got to create your own momentum, but it gives you good memories,” Capitals coach Barry Trotz said. ”If you have to go back into the memory bank, at least we have one. Those are things that you can bank on maybe for some positive feeling going forward.”

Predators forward Nick Bonino couldn’t offer up any specifics about Nashville’s victory in Winnipeg even though it happened all of two months ago, saying only ”I’m sure we played a solid road game.”

The road does offer the visiting team a sense of routine. There aren’t as many friends or family around. No kids waking up in the middle of the night. No traffic to deal with in most places. Just wake up, suit up and go play.

”You go out to dinner, there’s not really any distractions,” Bonino said. ”You’re there for hockey.”

And the hockey in both series has been spectacular. Nashville avoided heading to Canada in an 0-2 hole with a thrilling double-overtime escape in Game 2. Washington responded after blowing a two-goal B.J. Hill Color Rush Jersey , third-period lead in Game 1 by winning a predictably chippy Game 2.

That chippiness included a questionable hit by Washington’s Tom Wilson to Pittsburgh defenseman Brian Dumolin’s head in the second period that sent Dumolin into the concussion protocol. Dumolin skated with his teammates on Monday and his status – much like the status of star center Evgeni Malkin (lower body) and Carl Hagelin (upper body) – won’t be determined until Tuesday.

Wilson was not penalized for the hit and received a pass from the league when it opted not to schedule a disciplinary hearing to review the play. While Dumolin said he didn’t see Wilson coming because he was bracing for a hit by Alex Ovechkin, Wilson claimed Dumolin turned his head just before impact leaving Wilson with no time to react.

”He stops and turns and I’m kind of right there as (Ovechkin) is coming in pretty aggressively,” Wilson said. ”It’s a collision.”

Pittsburgh star Kris Letang wasn’t surprised Wilson’s hit wasn’t deemed illegal. Why?

”Because we don’t know anymore (what’s legal and illegal),” he said.

And we don’t know what a given night is going to bring anymore either. Home teams get to sleep in their beds. They get the luxury of the last line change before faceoffs, allowing them to get the matchups they want. And so far it has made zero difference in the result.

”It doesn’t have to be pretty always on the road,” Predators defenseman Matt Irwin said. ”I think we embrace that.”

AP Hockey Writer Stephen Whyno in Washington, D.C., and AP Sports Writer Teresa Walker in Nashville, Tennessee, contributed to this report.

LOS ANGELES — The third start of Madison Bumgarner’s return to the San Francisco Giants‘ rotation after a broken finger will take the left-hander to a mound where he knows success.

Bumgarner will square off with Dodgers left-hander Alex Wood in the middle game of a three-game series on Saturday at Dodger Stadium.

It is a venue Bumgarner knows well Josh Sitton Color Rush Jersey , having pitched there 18 times, 17 of which have been starts. He has a career 2.31 ERA in L.A. and gave up just one run in two starts in the Dodgers’ home park last season.

Add in the fact that the rivalry game will be televised nationally and all the elements to shine appear to be in place for Bumgarner (0-1, 4.76 ERA), who showed his feisty side in an outing earlier this week at Miami when he was ejected upon departing the game.

“My stuff is good enough to get people out right now; I’ve just got to execute,” Bumgarner told mlb.com after he was ejected for giving a piece of his mind to home-plate umpire Jeremie Rehak.

The mild-mannered Wood (1-5, 4.43) might be ready to show an edgier side as well. The left-hander has given up a combined 15 runs (13 earned) in his last three starts and has pitched just 11 innings in those outings.

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts has already been asked if Wood is in danger of losing his starting spot, but he remains confident in the All-Star from a year ago. But left-hander Rich Hill (blister) looks close to a return from the disabled list after a solid minor league rehab start and could possibly force Wood from the rotation.

To Wood’s credit, he has remained confident, not sounding like a pitcher who needs to prove himself against the Giants on Saturday.

“There’s a lot of baseball left to be played,” Wood said Authentic Evan Bouchard Jersey , according to the Los Angeles Times. “I can promise you that, when we get down that stretch, I’ll be playing my best baseball of the year.”

As a team, the Dodgers (36-32) are doing just that. For a month, the defending National League champions have looked more like the team that roared into the 2017 World Series, only to lose in seven games to the Houston Astros.

The Dodgers will enter Saturday having won 10 of their 12 games in June while posting a 20-6 record since May 17. They hit two more home runs Friday and now have 32 in June, by far the most in baseball during the month. They lead the NL with 88 home runs this season.

When that 20-6 run began, the Dodgers were in fourth place in the NL West, eight games back, and the Giants were in third place http://www.cardinalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-chase-edmonds-jersey , and four games back.

After the Dodgers’ 3-2 victory over the Giants on Friday, L.A. was in second place, 2 1/2 games back, and the Giants (34-36) were in fourth place, 5 1/2 games back and just a half game in front of the last-place San Diego Padres.

Pablo Sandoval homered Friday night for the Giants, who fell to 3-5 on their three-city, 10-game road trip.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

jersey[/url] ,”

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Ago 10, 2018 23:23

Cleveland and Golden State were stressed and stretched to their limits in the conference finals this time around http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-alex-mcgough-jersey , leaving little time to recoup and prepare for their latest showdown in the NBA Finals.

”Splintered” is how Stephen Curry described what he feared could happen in the second quarter of Game 7 at Houston, with the Warriors pushed to the brink by the Rockets.

So, Golden State held a serious team chat and got it together at last. LeBron James willed his Cavaliers back to the big stage with another spectacular performance against Boston.

”It was a special moment for us. And I think one that we’ll look back, if we get the job done over these next two weeks, where, again, as an appreciation of all that goes into winning a championship,” Curry said Wednesday, ”and doing it by committee and making sure every guy, whether you’re playing well or not, or things are going your way or not, that we all bring something to the fold that have gotten us to four straight Finals.

”And we’ve done it by appreciating everybody that’s a part of that group. I think that two and a half minutes was a special moment for us, and it should give us great momentum going into the series.”

Now http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-arden-key-jersey , James and the Cavs and Curry and the defending champions find themselves in familiar territory, facing off in a fourth straight NBA Finals – just with far less prep time after each team played furious Game 7s on the road to get back here.

Cavs-W’s, Act IV is a little bit different, indeed. Game 1 is Thursday night at Oracle Arena.

King James stands in the way of a Warriors repeat, just as he did in spoiling that quest for Golden State and leading the Cavs to a championship two years ago with a Game 7 win on the Warriors’ home court, where they have currently won 17 of the last 18 postseason games.

James never counted out Golden State.

”Just going against the Warriors in the last three years in the Finals, I kind of figured or thought that they could get it done,” he said. ”Just because of the 18 of a possible 21 Finals games that I’ve played against them in the last three years, I figured out that they could make it happen.”

Here are some things to watch for heading into the best-of-seven series:

JAMES’ SHOT: James isn’t ready to make any bold predictions about how great he might be in his eighth straight Finals.

Yet the way he prepares, there’s no doubt in his mind he will be ready when the ball tips.

”The level that I can play at is to be seen, but the level that I put into the game and put into my craft is who I am,” James said. ”So numbers and things like that kind of take care of itself. But for me, I understand and I know how much I put into the game. So everything else is OK.”

NO REST FOR THE WEARY: With only two days between games after the Warriors eliminated the Rockets 101-92 on Monday night Weston Richburg Color Rush Jersey , Draymond Green is happy to have an opponent in Cleveland he knows so well.

”In recent years we’ve been kind of having a week off, at most, to prepare for the Finals. It’s almost a day to prepare this time,” he said. ”So it definitely helps knowing the opponent, knowing, obviously, everything stops and starts with LeBron, and trying to do what we can to make things tough on him, but also take other guys out of the game.”

The Cavs finished their series Sunday at Boston, so James spent a relaxing Memorial Day Monday with family having a barbecue.

INJURY WOES: Both teams face significant injury concerns: Golden State defensive stopper and 2015 Finals MVP Andre Iguodala was ruled out for Game 1 with a bone bruise in his left knee, while Cleveland’s Kevin Love remains in the NBA’s concussion protocol with his status uncertain.

GOLDEN STATE AMONG GREATEST: James considers Golden State among the greatest teams ever, and insists each side has earned this. James is ignoring the critics who say this annual matchup might be bad for basketball.

”Teams have had their opportunities to beat the Cavs over the last four years and teams have had opportunities to beat the Warriors over the last four years,” James said. ”If you want to see somebody else in the postseason then you’ve got to beat `em.”

OAKLAND Nathan Shepherd Color Rush Jersey , Calif. — Oakland Athletics fans will get a chance to see their new record-tying pitcher in person for the first time Saturday when right-hander Edwin Jackson takes the mound against the Cleveland Indians.

The 34-year-old Jackson (0-0, 1.50 ERA) made history Monday when he pitched a 5-4 win for the A’s at Detroit.

Oakland became Jackson’s 13th team in his 16-year career, allowing Jackson to tie a former member of the A’s, Octavio Dotel, for most major league franchises in a career.

Jackson did not get a decision in his A’s debut despite allowing just one run and six hits in six innings. He has, however, had a lot of success against the Indians in his career.

Jackson has pitched 15 times, 13 as a starter, against Cleveland in his career, going 9-1 with a 2.76 ERA.

The nine wins are the fifth-most for an active Indians opponent, trailing just Justin Verlander (20) and three players he can tie with a win Saturday — Zack Greinke (10), David Price (10) and Rick Porcello (10).

The .900 winning percentage is the second-best among active pitchers with five or more career decisions against the Indians, trailing only another former A’s pitcher http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-dontae-johnson-jersey , Gio Gonzalez (6-0).

Jackson admitted thoroughly enjoying Monday’s comeback effort.

“It’s a lot of fun pitching in games like that, kind of the new guy and wanting to set a good first impression,” he said.

Jackson could have a similar feeling Saturday as it will be his first home game as a member of the A’s. He has pitched two previous games in Oakland, both as a visitor, going 1-0 with a 2.77 ERA.

The veteran will be backed by an A’s team that has won five in a row and 11 of its last 13. The A’s also won eight of their last nine against the Indians dating back to 2016.

Not surprisingly, given his 15 previous years in the majors, Jackson has a significant history against several members of the Indians, including Yonder Alonso, who has gone 7-for-16 (.438) with two doubles and two home runs against his fellow ex-San Diego Padre.

Alonso also is no stranger to Oakland, having represented the A’s in the 2017 All-Star Game, after hitting 22 home runs in 100 games, before getting dealt to the Seattle Mariners.

The 31-year-old credits A’s manager Bob Melvin for helping him get the three-year, $24 million contract he received from the Indians in free agency over the winter.

“It’s always nice to come back here http://www.eaglesauthorizedshops.com/authentic-josh-sweat-jersey ,” Alonso said Friday. “They gave me a huge opportunity that I’m really thankful for.”

Cleveland will counter on the mound Saturday with rookie right-hander Adam Plutko (4-1, 4.65), who has never faced the A’s.

Like Jackson, Plutko is coming off a successful outing against Detroit, allowing two runs and six hits in six innings in a 12-2 win last Sunday.

He’ll find himself having to deal with one of the hottest hitters in all of baseball, Oakland second/third baseman Jed Lowrie, who contributed a home run to Friday’s 3-1 win in the series opener.

Lowrie has four singles, three doubles and three home runs in his last five games.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

policy on performance en

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Ago 10, 2018 23:42

LAST YEAR: New England lost twice in its first four games but recovered to win 11 of its final 12 behind MVP season of quarterback Tom Brady. He impressed at age 40, throwing for 4,577 yards, 32 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He did so despite reported issues between himself, coach Bill Belichick and team owner Robert Kraft following midseason trade of backup Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers. Defensive inconsistency was ongoing issue and it caught up with Patriots in Super Bowl loss to Philadelphia. It included surprise benching of cornerback Malcolm Butler, one of several players to sign with new teams during free agency.

IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: RB Jeremy Hill, RB Sony Michel, QB Danny Etling D.J. Fluker Color Rush Jersey , DE Adrian Clayborn, WR Jordan Matthews, OT Trent Brown, OL Isaiah Wynn, CB Jason McCourty, DT Danny Shelton,

IMPORTANT LOSSES: Defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, WR Danny Amendola, WR Brandin Cooks, CB Malcolm Butler, CB Johnson Bademosi, RB Dion Lewis, OT Nate Solder Josh Rosen Color Rush Jersey , OT Cam Fleming.

CAMP NEEDS: Wide receiver will be hot topic. After sitting out 2017 with torn right ACL, Julian Edelman is suspended for first four games of regular season for violating NFL policy on performance enhancers. Combined with losses of Amendola and Cooks in trades to Dolphins and Rams, respectively, it leaves Chris Hogan (34 catches, 439 yards, five TDs) as top returning wide receiver. Something also must be done to solidify defense that needs more edge rushing and someone to start alongside Stephon Gilmore at cornerback.

EXPECTATIONS: Even with offseason roster changes, Patriots enter camp as team to beat in AFC East. All-Pro TE Rob Gronkowski considered retirement in offseason; he and Brady skipped voluntary offseason workouts. But both returned for mandatory minicamps and say they are focused on helping New England reach what would be its fourth Super Bowl in five seasons. One of biggest question marks will be how linebackers coach Brian Flores does in new role as defensive play caller.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

hernan-perez-jers

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sex Ago 10, 2018 23:52

Wilmer Font helped cool down the surging Houston Astros before leaving with an injury.

Font and four relievers combined on a three-hitter and the Tampa Bay Rays beat Houston 3-2 on Friday night to snap the Astros’ 11-game road winning streak Nathan Shepherd Color Rush Jersey , which tied a franchise record.

Font (2-3) allowed one run and one hit over five-plus innings before leaving the game with a strained right lat.

”We’ll know more (Saturday), but in all likelihood he’ll probably miss some significant time,” Rays manager Kevin Cash said. ”He’s been throwing the ball so well for us and obviously did again tonight.”

Font, acquired from Oakland on May 25 http://www.giantsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-b.j.-hill-jersey , was recently inserted into the rotation.

”I worked hard for this starting spot, and now this happens,” Font said.

Diego Castillo, Chaz Roe http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-mark-andrews-jersey , Sergio Romo and Jose Alvarado held the Astros in check after Font’s exit. Alvarado got the final out for his second save.

The Rays improved their record to 8-6 during a stretch of 16 games against Houston, Washington and the New York Yankees.

Alex Bregman homered for the Astros, who lost for just fourth time in 22 games overall. Gerrit Cole (9-2) gave up three runs – one earned – and five hits in six innings to end his seven-game winning streak.

”It’s a tough-luck loss for him because he pitched better than to get a loss,” Astros manager A.J. Hinch said.

Tampa Bay capitalized on a pair of Houston errors to get three runs in the fourth David Dahl Colorado Rockies Jersey , snapping a 19-inning scoring drought.

Adeiny Hechavarria was credited with a sacrifice fly that center fielder Jake Marisnick dropped for an error. Two more runs scored with two outs when shortstop Marwin Gonzalez made an errant throw to first on Kevin Kiermaier’s grounder.

”We didn’t make the plays,” Hinch said. ”Jake looked like he got back to the wall and either he had a little bit of weird timing and then he’s going to hit the wall and the ball came out. Never controlled it. And Marwin just hurried trying to get Kiermaier and made a low throw and got a little unlucky that (first baseman AJ) Reed deflects it a little far away. Kind of a weird way to score three runs.”

Bregman made it 3-2 in the sixth with his homer off Castillo, who replaced Font during the at-bat. Bregman has seven homers and 18 RBIs in his last 14 games.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Astros: SS Carlos Correa was officially placed on the 10-day disabled list with back stiffness but could be back in a week. Hinch said Correa saw the team spine specialist and ”everything checked out fine.” … RHP Joe Smith (right elbow soreness) allowed three hits in a scoreless inning for Double-A Corpus Christi.

Rays: RHP Chris Archer (left abdominal strain) will start Tuesday for Single-A Charlotte. It hasn’t been determined if he will need a second rehab outing.

STRUGGLING SPRINGER

Astros OF George Springer, mired in a 3-of-40 slide Jordan Whitehead Color Rush Jersey , was out of the lineup. ”He’s pretty agitated about how things going for him,” Hinch said. ”Kind of a reset. He’ll be fine.” Springer was a pinch-runner in the ninth.

DAREDEVIL

Hinch did a TV interview from an overhanging catwalk at Tropicana Field. Next season he plans to go on the roof of the domed stadium.

UP NEXT

Astros RHP Justin Verlander (9-3) starts Saturday. Verlander allowed a season-high four earned runs over 6 2/3 innings in a 6-3 loss to Toronto on Monday. Tampa Bay will counter with a bullpen day.

Rangers reliever Tony Barnette won’t throw for at least four weeks after an MRI revealed a strained lat muscle.

Barnette had the MRI exam Wednesday, a day after leaving a game in the middle of a batter. The team had initially said the right-hander had a shoulder strain after he came out of Tuesday night’s game.

The Rangers said after their 5-4 loss in 10 innings on Wednesday night that Barnette will be re-evaluated in four weeks. The reliever will not throw during that time.

Working the eighth inning in a 5-3 loss to the Houston Astros on Tuesday night, his second inning of the game Hernan Perez Milwaukee Brewers Jersey , Barnette felt something different in his shoulder on his first pitch to Marwin Gonzalez. Barnette (2-0) threw two more pitches before exiting the game.

Texas recalled right-hander Chris Martin from Triple-A Round Rock. Martin was optioned to the minors on Tuesday, but was able to come back before 10 days by replacing a player on the DL.

Martin (1-2) worked the 10th inning against the Astros, and fell down after one of his pitches. The Rangers said after the game that he had a left groin issue that would be re-evaluated.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

The Boston Celtics sa

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sáb Ago 11, 2018 00:02

Police say a former Detroit Lions player has been arrested in Pittsburgh for punching an officer after refusing to pay a limo driver.

NFL free agent Brandon Pettigrew is charged with two counts of aggravated assault Youth Dorian O'Daniel Jersey , theft of services and public drunkenness.

Police say the 33-year-old tight end refused to pay $97 for a limo ride to a downtown hotel early Monday.

According to a complaint, when officers arrived Pettigrew became aggressive and punched one officer in the chest three times. Police allege he was visibly intoxicated.

The complaint says officers drew their stun guns but Pettigrew Joel Iyiegbuniwe Color Rush Jersey , who lives in Flint, Texas James Daniels Color Rush Jersey , complied and was handcuffed.

A message seeking comment from Pettigrew wasn’t immediately returned Monday.

Sean Howard, who has represented Pettigrew Authentic Saquon Barkley Jersey , says he has no comment.

No attorney information is available.

The Boston Celtics say forward Gordon Hayward had surgery to remove a plate and screws in his broken left leg and will be ready to start next season.

Hayward missed almost the entire season after breaking his leg in the first quarter of the season opener. The Celtics went on to reach Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals before losing to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The team says his leg and ankle are sound, but the plate and screws that were implanted to help the injury heal were irritating his tendons. He is scheduled to resume basketball activities in six to eight weeks and be ready for training camp.

Also Wednesday: the Celtics said center Aron Baynes had successful surgery to repair a nasal fracture he sustained during Game 6 of the Cleveland series. He is expected to be back on the court in two to four weeks.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

peared to be a tape

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sáb Ago 11, 2018 00:11

WINNIPEG Youth DJ Chark Jersey , Manitoba — With a three-goal first period lead, there’s no doubt many members of the Nashville Predators were convinced it was just a matter of 40 minutes until they reclaimed home-ice advantage in their second-round playoff series against the Winnipeg Jets.
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Their times have finally come.

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sáb Ago 11, 2018 00:19

Los Angeles Dodgers right-hander Ross Stripling is scheduled to make his second major league appearance against the Los Angeles Angels when they meet in the middle game of their three-game interleague series at Angel Stadium on Saturday evening.

He last faced the Angels just over two years ago in his first season with the Dodgers. That game likely stands out to Stripling because it’s the only time he hit a batter in 257 2/3 innings in the majors.

That miscue forced in a run and ended the night after 4 2/3 innings for Stripling Cheap Durham Smythe Jersey , who had walked two other batters in the inning. The bullpen then gave up the lead with the inherited runners and Stripling took the loss in the 7-4 defeat at Angel Stadium.

Stripling (6-2, 2.27 ERA) has not only avoided hitting another batter since then, but has mastered his overall control, entering Saturday with 96 strikeouts and just 13 walks this season. His ERA is seventh best in the majors among pitchers with at least 12 starts.

Not bad for a pitcher whose first 10 appearances this season came out of the bullpen, where he’s 0-0 with a 0.59 ERA this season.

Stripling will try to get the Dodgers (47-40) back atop the NL West after Kenley Jansen blew a save in the series opener on Friday night and the Angels won 3-2. The Dodgers had taken over first place for the first time this season while idle on Thursday, but the Arizona Diamondbacks moved back into first with the Dodgers’ loss to the Angels (45-44).

Angels rookie David Fletcher continues to cement himself as a major leaguer. He drove in the tying run with a two-out pinch-hit single off Jansen, then scored the winning run from first on a check-swing single by Ian Kinsler, followed by a throwing error by Dodgers right-fielder Yasiel Puig.

“If I can help the team win, it’s a big deal Authentic Ed Dickson Jersey ,” Fletcher told FOX Sports West after the win.

Stripling knows he needs to be sharper on Saturday than he was in his last outing, when he allowed four runs and a season-high nine hits in six innings of a 6-4 victory against the visiting Colorado Rockies on Sunday.

Stripling told the Southern California News Group following the game that he didn’t believe he was getting fatigued. Stripling has thrown 83 1/3 innings this season, more than the 77 1/3 he logged last season, but less than the 104 1/3 he accumulated during the 2016 season.

“They’ve seen me throw 80 innings now this year,” he said. “I think they’ve got an idea what’s coming. I’ve just got to stay sharp.”

Angels center fielder Mike Trout faced Stripling twice on May 17, 2016, and had a solo homer and a two-run single.

Deck McGuire (0-1, 7.56) is scheduled to make his fourth appearance with the Angels after he was acquired from the Texas Rangers for cash considerations on June 19. Texas had claimed the 28-year-old McGuire from the Toronto Blue Jays a few days earlier.

He made two relief appearances for the Angels before making his first start on Sunday and allowed five runs and five hits in 3 1/3 innings of an 8-2 loss against the Baltimore Orioles.

McGuire was sent down to Triple-A Salt Lake following that game, but was recalled on Wednesday Youth Mark Walton Jersey , the day Tyler Skaggs was scratched from his scheduled start on Thursday against the Seattle Mariners because of a strained abductor.

McGuire has never faced the Dodgers in his career.

Brad Stevens’ first opportunity to become an NBA head coach was presented to him by Boston. Same goes for Tyronn Lue, with Cleveland. Same goes for Steve Kerr, with Golden State.

Hiring rookies worked out just fine for those clubs.

Phoenix and Atlanta are now hoping to reap the same benefits as the Celtics, Cavaliers and Warriors. The Suns introduced Igor Kokoskov on Monday, the same day that the Hawks welcomed fellow first-time head coach Lloyd Pierce to their franchise. And those moves followed Charlotte last week hiring James Borrego, whose only head-coaching experience was a 30-game interim stint.

There are plenty of established head coaches who don’t have jobs right now. But even with the market flooded with experienced coaches, the Suns, Hawks and Hornets went down roads less-traveled – and there’s still potential for more first-timers in the NBA head-coaching fraternity by the time next season opens.

”Rookie coach, international coach Jake Marisnick Houston Astros Jersey , foreign coach,” said Kokoskov, the first European-born coach to lead an NBA team. ”It really takes courage. It puts not pressure (on me) but expectations to prove that they were right.”

San Antonio assistant Becky Hammon has been on Milwaukee’s radar, as the Bucks look for their next full-time coach. And whenever she gets hired – many around the league believe it’s a question of when, not if, Hammon gets her chance – she’ll be a first-timer in a whole new category, as the first woman to coach an NBA team.

Boston assistant Jay Larranaga was in the mix for the Charlotte job and will surely get more offers before long. Jerry Stackhouse, who has proven his mettle as the coach of Toronto’s G League club, is now a name that gets attached to just about every opening in the NBA as he waits for his first call to coach in the league where he starred as a player.

There doesn’t seem to interest in big names from the college ranks – like John Calipari or Tom Izzo. Experience still means plenty in the NBA Authentic Pernell McPhee Jersey , but timing and fit both seem far more important right now.

”I love challenges,” said Pierce, a longtime NBA assistant, most recently with Philadelphia. ”I think this is going to be a fun challenge. It’s not about the difficulty of the challenge, it’s about the excitement of it and I’m looking forward to the excitement of being here.”

A few of Pierce’s new players were there Monday when he was introduced to Atlanta. So was one of his now-former ones; Philadelphia’s Robert Covington attended to show support. And one of the league’s longtime stars raved about Pierce finally getting his chance.

”ATL, y’all got it right,” Miami guard Dwyane Wade tweeted after the Hawks announced their pick.

Borrego has waited a long time to make his own name.

He also waited a long time for a certain someone to learn his name.

Borrego went 10-20 as the interim coach in Orlando after Jacque Vaughn got fired in 2015. The rest of his NBA career has been made up of assistant stints in Orlando, New Orleans and San Antonio – where when he debuted in 2003, Gregg Popovich hired someone whose name he didn’t exactly commit to memory.

”Called me Ray Romano http://www.49ersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kentavius-street-jersey ,” Borrego said. ”Everybody loves Raymond, right?”

Popovich had zero games of head-coaching experience in the NBA before he took over in San Antonio. There have been more than 240 coaching moves in the league since, but the Spurs – winners of five titles under Popovich – remain under the same leadership. Erik Spoelstra was a first-timer when he became coach in Miami; he’s got two championship rings.

Brett Brown’s only head-coaching job has been with Philadelphia, Quin Snyder’s only one has been in Utah. They both won a playoff series this season. Billy Donovan had no NBA experience when Oklahoma City hired him three years ago; he’s averaged 50 wins per year since.

Kokoskov likened the change from assistant coach to head coach to the one where co-pilot becomes pilot.

You might think you’re ready, but you never really know until you’re at the controls.

”That’s why you’re coaching,” Kokoskov said. ”That’s the beauty of the job, basically waiting for this moment. You hope it’s going to happen.”

Their times have finally come.

AP Sports Writers Bob Baum in Phoenix and Charles Odum in Atlanta contributed.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

”He’s always told me no

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sáb Ago 11, 2018 00:28

No sooner did Jon Gray get into trouble in the first inning than he got out of it. It was a pattern he would emulate throughout the night.

Combining power pitching with sleight of hand Paul Worrilow Color Rush Jersey , Gray struck out 12 in seven dominant innings, Nolan Arenado homered in Colorado’s six-run fourth, and the Rockies won their fourth in a row by beating the Miami Marlins 11-3 on Friday night.

After fanning the first batter he faced, Gray gave up a single to Brian Anderson and a double to J.T. Realmuto – but he came back to strand both.

”I think you saw in that first inning where two runners got on, Jon gets out of it with no problem,” Rockies catcher Tom Murphy said. ”That was huge for Jon. It kind of set the tone for him and made him realize nothing was going to stop him tonight.”

It was Gray’s 12th career 10-plus strikeout game and the fourth this season. He had at least two strikeouts in five of his innings, including striking out the side in the sixth. Gray (7-7) walked none and withstood a solo homer in the third by Derek Dietrich, who drove a 2-0 pitch the opposite way into the left-field bleachers.

”We attacked early with fastballs,” Gray said. ”We threw strikes early in the count and kind of forced swings. I think that was key.”

Gray also mixed in a devastating slider to keep the Marlins’ hitters guessing Cheap Nyheim Hines Jersey , changing his grip on occasion to vary the ball’s movement.

”Obviously, we didn’t get a whole lot going,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. ”A couple of the guys swung the bat OK. I thought we really got away from what we wanted to do tonight. A lot of chases.”

Arenado had three hits, including his team-leading 17th homer, a two-run drive. Murphy had two doubles among his three hits and two RBIs.

The Rockies have scored at least 10 runs in three of their four wins. Even Gray pitched in with a run-scoring sacrifice in the fourth in which he reached when a sliding Carlos Gonzalez beat the throw home from first baseman Justin Bour.

Wei-Yin Chen (2-4) matched Gray through three innings, but then ran into trouble in the fourth – some of it not of his own doing. Second baseman Starlin Castro bobbled the ball after getting a relay throw, allowing Ian Desmond to score from third with the first of the Rockies’ six runs in the inning. A wild pitch by Chen helped set up Noel Cuevas‘ score on D.J. LeMahieu’s sacrifice fly. Blackmon singled ahead of Arenado’s home run, which he sent deep into the left-field bleachers.

Chen allowed seven runs and nine hits in four innings.

Pinch-hitter Gerardo Parra, batting for Gray in the bottom of the seventh Harrison Phillips Color Rush Jersey , doubled off the right-field wall to drive in a pair of runs. Murphy’s RBI double in the second pushed across the Rockies’ first run.

IF THE SHOE FITS

Gray opted to wear white cleats on Friday, the same type he wore when he pitched his career-best 16-strikeout complete game against the San Diego Padres on Sept. 17, 2016. ”The last time I was in white shoes, I had the best game of my life. I don’t know why I ever stopped wearing them,” Gray said with a laugh.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Marlins: RHP Jose Urena was placed on the 10-day disabled list because of a right shoulder impingement. RHP Nick Wittgren filled the roster vacancy when he was reinstated from the 10-day DL. Wittgren had been sidelined by a right middle finger contusion.

Rockies: RHP Scott Oberg (back strain) and LHP Mike Dunn (upper back strain), who are both on the 10-day DL, are slated to begin their respective rehab assignments. The two are scheduled to pitch an inning apiece Saturday for Triple-A Albuquerque at Fresno and then each work another inning Monday for high Class A Lancaster at Modesto.

UP NEXT

Marlins: RHP Trevor Richards (1-4, 5.45 ERA) has gone 1-2 with a 6.28 ERA since his recall for his second stint with Miami this season.

Rockies: LHP Tyler Anderson (4-2) will be looking to bounce back from a loss in his last outing, when he gave up three runs in a 12-2 loss earlier this week to the New York Mets.

Mike Vrabel played 14 years in the NFL and the first-year Tennessee Titans coach is more than willing to pick up a pad for drills to get his point across.

And if someone knocks off his sunglasses during the process Authentic Bo Scarbrough Jersey , not a problem.

”Yes, that’s fun,” Vrabel said Thursday after the Titans’ first day of training camp. ”That’s when you know it was a good punch. I use that as a barometer when the sunglasses go flying off. But, they’re doing it the right way. They’re delivering a blow and trying to transfer power to stop a guy’s charge, in that case, the punt team and get out and cover.”

The Titans’ season opener and Vrabel’s debut as a head coach in a regular-season game is just 45 days away on Sept. 9 in Miami. His preseason debut comes Aug. 9 in Green Bay, and Vrabel was starting to drive his wife and son crazy being at home waiting for the start of training camp.

”You wake up in the middle of the night thinking about should I call a time-out in this situation? Then I’m like, I’m really losing my mind. It’s just good to have the players back,” Vrabel said.

Not only did Vrabel play in the NFL and win three Super Bowl rings Jets Sam Darnold Jersey , he’s been an assistant at Ohio State and with the Houston Texans. That means he got to watch some of football’s best make crucial decisions during games, including Bill Belichick, Urban Meyer and Bill O’Brien.

Now it’ll be Vrabel’s turn to decide, and he’s been doing his best to prepare for kickoff by doing what he did so much of as a player: watch tape to help figure out what he can and can’t challenge, figuring out how to use his timeouts, defending an opponent trying to run clock at the end of a game.

”We’ve got a library of 10 years,” Vrabel said. ”You can go back and pretty much get whatever game we want and pull up a scenario and play it out.”

For now, Vrabel is trying to improve a Titans team that is coming off consecutive 9-7 seasons and the franchise’s first playoff victory since January 2004 – all of which wasn’t good enough to keep Mike Mularkey on the job . Music plays throughout practice to help simulate game-day noise, and his assistants spent parts of Thursday’s session working on fundamentals like tip drills.

The Titans saw their coach throw himself into camp with the same participation and intensity he displayed during offseason organized team activities.

”Oh man Youth Kalen Ballage Jersey , that feels good all the time when you get to hit the coach a little bit,” three-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Jurrell Casey said. ”It just shows you know the stuff that he was doing OTAs wasn’t a fluke. He’s continued to do it.”

Rookie linebacker Rashaan Evans joked that going up against a coach could be a way to work out some frustration. He said it was impressive to see Vrabel working in the trenches, and his new head coach already has given him a tip on how to play better.

”He’s always told me not to think so much but just to play ball,” Evans said. ”He says you’re going to make mistakes. But you play fast and aggressive, everything else goes that’ll get corrected.”

NOTES: Two-time Pro Bowl left tackle Taylor Lewan reported for training camp Wednesday with his agents talking with the Titans about a contract extension past this season . Lewan did not take part in team drills, and he said that might be the Titans waiting until the new deal is done. Vrabel disagreed, noting Lewan already is under contract but missed the team’s mandatory minicamp in June . The coach said the left tackle will rejoin team drills when the Titans feel he’s ready.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

pay cut on any contract he signs for next season. He was dra

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sáb Ago 11, 2018 00:41

”I told him Authentic Saquon Barkley Jersey ,” said Lue, who missed time this season with his own health issues, ”’just be yourself, have fun. You’re one of the best players in the league. You make a lot of money. Relax.”’

Love’s had an uneven postseason. He struggled in the first round against Indiana and scored just seven points in the series opener against Toronto before bouncing back with 31 in Game 2.

Last week, he was knocked out of Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals following a first-quarter collision with Celtics rookie Jayson Tatum. Love was placed in the NBA’s concussion protocol, and his replacement, Jeff Green, came up big and helped the Cavs win Game 7 in Boston.

Love remained in protocol on Wednesday and his status for the series opener is in doubt.

As his teammates were handed 2018 Finals T-shirts and caps on the floor afterward, Love was nowhere in sight after watching the game from a back room a

Veteran winger Rick Nash has not committed to playing next season and has told interested teams he won’t be signing July 1.

Agent Joe Resnick told The Associated Press on Thursday that Nash was undecided about his playing future. TSN in Canada first reported Nash’s uncertain status.

Nash missed three weeks late in the season with a concussion. The 34-year-old has also dealt with groin, knee and back injuries during his stellar NHL career.

The 6-foot-4 Christian Vazquez Jersey , 211-pound power forward finished the season with the Boston Bruins after they acquired him in February from the New York Rangers. He had six points in 11 regular-season games and five points in 12 playoff games for Boston.

At the NHL draft last weekend, Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said Nash indicated he’d be interested in returning and welcomed that discussion. Nash just completed the final season of a $62.4 million, eight-year contract that counted $7.8 million against the salary cap.

Nash would almost certainly take a pay cut on any contract he signs for next season. He was drawing significant interest from around the league during the free agent interview period.

In 1,060 regular-season games with the Columbus Blue Jackets, Rangers and Bruins, Nash has 437 goals and 368 assists for 805 points. He led the league with 41 goals in 2003-04, scored a career-high 42 in 2014-15 and eight times put up 30 or more.

A native of Brampton, Ontario, Nash was the first overall pick of Columbus in 2002 and won Olympic gold medals with Canada in 2010 and 2014.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

a tie with Hall of Fam

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sáb Ago 11, 2018 00:50

LeBron James pulled Ben Simmons in for a hug Authentic Preston Brown Jersey , and smiled and laughed in a brief chat with Joel Embiid.

Allen Iverson watched the scene with a big grin and high-fived a few fans.

The Sixers Shelby Miller Jersey , who already clinched their first playoff berth since 2012, won for the fifth straight game without Embiid. The All-Star center was at the game for the first time since he suffered a concussion and needed surgery to

Giants shortstop Brandon Crawford will go on paternity leave for the birth of his fourth child and could miss as many as three games. San Francisco returns home from a 10-day road trip to face the Miami Marlins.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Jersey[/url] , 2018The le

Mensagempor elaine95 » Sáb Ago 11, 2018 01:00

Washington Nationals closer Sean Doolittle was going through his usual routine Monday Authentic Marshall Newhouse Jersey , preparing if needed for a save, when general manager Mike Rizzo sought him out.

Rizzo wanted to discuss two things: The Nationals were trading for two-time All-Star reliever Kelvin Herrera, and Doolittle was going to keep his ninth-inning job.

Getting a jump on the trade deadline, the Nationals picked up right-hander Herrera from the Kansas City Royals for three minor leaguers, adding him to a back end of the bullpen that already includes the lefty Doolittle and righties Ryan Madson and Brandon Kintzler.

”It’s almost their way of saying, `Here’s some help. Here’s some reinforcements.’ I think it’s one of those situations where you can’t have too many options down there,” Doolittle said. ”You get a guy who’s pitched in every high-leverage role from the seventh inning on. He’s won a World Series. … We’re planning on playing some really meaningful games down the stretch and making a run into the playoffs. We’re gonna need some help. I think it’s awesome.”

As for the effect on his role, which the Nationals say won’t change, Doolittle called it ”definitely a confidence boost” to hear that it’s ”still my job.”

”You want to add some stuff, but you don’t want to have too many cooks in the kitchen Logan Morrison Minnesota Twins Jersey ,” Doolittle said. ”It’s not necessarily that guys are super-attached to their roles, but they like to know what to expect – when they’re going to pitch in a game, when to get ready, that sort of stuff.”

The Nationals sent infielder Kelvin Gutierrez, outfielder Blake Perkins and 17-year-old pitcher Yohanse Morel to Kansas City in the deal announced during Washington’s doubleheader against the New York Yankees. Gutierrez heads to Double-A Northwest Arkansas, Perkins will be assigned to Class A Wilmington, and Morel goes to rookie ball.

Herrera has 14 saves and a 1.05 ERA this season. He’s allowed three earned runs in 25 2/3 innings while striking out 22 batters and walking two.

”It’s just a moment you don’t want to see,” Herrera said about leaving his only major league home. ”It’s always hard. I was born and raised (as) a player here.”

The 28-year-old helped Kansas City win the 2015 World Series – and is among the last players left from that title team. He is 23-27 with 57 saves and a 2.75 ERA across 442 games in relief over eight seasons in the majors.

”We’ve known Kelvin since he signed with us when he was 16 years old. He’s one of the very best competitors that I’ve ever been around, probably that this organization has seen,” Royals general manager Dayton Moore said. ”Without him Cheap Michael Gallup Jersey , there is no way we can ever make it to the World Series, win a World Series.”

Kintzler, the usual seventh-inning man for Washington, went on the disabled list June 10 with a right forearm flexor strain, and Madson spent time on the DL earlier this season.

Madson was a teammate of Herrera’s on the 2015 champions.

”He’s a bulldog,” Madson said. ”I take it with welcoming arms. Let the old horse rest a little bit.”

Instead of waiting to make moves at the July 31 non-waiver deadline, the Nationals opted to strike now. They are the two-time reigning NL East champions but have never won a postseason series. Washington also currently stands in second place in the division, entering Monday 3 games behind the Atlanta Braves.

The Royals, meanwhile, are way out of contention in the AL Central in last place and 22-49 going into the day. They already shipped Jon Jay to the Arizona Diamondbacks for a pair of minor leaguers earlier in June.

”We’d like to be holding onto our players longer Rusney Castillo Jersey ,” Moore said, ”but where we are in the standings and what we’re faced with and how we’re playing, if we can get the right move, it’s important to move.”

AP Sports Writer Dave Skretta and freelancer Alan Eskew in Kansas City, Mo., contributed to this report.

2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee Terrell Owens worked out for Chris Jones - head coach and general manager of the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders - according to Stephen Hargis of the聽Chattanooga Times Free Press.The day after his Hall of Fame induction ceremony at UTC, Terrell Owens was at South Pittsburg today for an hour-long tryout with Chris Jones, HC & GM of the CFL鈥檚 Saskatchewan Roughriders. Story and videos coming to Times Free Press website. pic.twitter.com/5R6uLYsbR2— Stephen Hargis (@StephenHargis) August 5, 2018Terrell Owens running routes for Chris Jones, HC & GM of the CFL鈥檚 Saskatchewan Roughriders pic.twitter.com/Xp3LRcIlck— Stephen Hargis (@StephenHargis) August 5 Authentic Mike Remmers Jersey , 2018The legendary wide receiver was added to the negotiating list of the Edmonton Eskimos, but the two sides never reached a contract. Owens was released from the team's negotiation list on July 20, making him a free agent and eligible to try out and sign with any of the other eight CFL teams."I saw the video and he had clocked at 4.41 or 4.43 or whatever it was and he looked in great shape so I thought well you know, I鈥檓 going be home and he is going to be home in the Chattanooga area and it gave us an opportunity to get him in front of us,"聽Jones聽said, per Hargis. "He is a physical presence and its just about seeing if he is in football shape."Owens turned heads in June when he was filmed running a 4.43 40-yard dash at the age of 44, a sign that perhaps he's still got plenty of football left in the tank. The CFL has happily welcomed in notable NFL players, namely Johnny Manziel and Chad 'Ochocinco' Johnson.Any team that signs Owens would attract far more interest from the general public, especially in the United States. But for these CFL teams, it comes down to winning Ravens Lamar Jackson Jersey , and none of them will sign T.O. unless they think he is in primary shape to compete with players half his age. Owens ranks second all-time in career receiving yards (15,934), and third in touchdown receptions (153). His last NFL season was in 2010 with the Cincinnati Bengals, where Owens caught 72 passes for 983 yards and nine touchdowns.It'd be quite the story if Owens - out of professional football for almost a full decade - made it back in his mid-40s. The Eskimos opted to pass on signing the football legend, but the Roughriders are giving him a chance..
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Former WNBA p

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 13, 2018 23:20

Canadian world junior championship coach Dominique Ducharme has made the jump to the NHL as an assistant with the Montreal Canadiens.

The Canadiens dropped assistant coaches Jean-Jacques Daigneault and Dan Lacroix and hired Ducharme away from the Drummondville Voltigeurs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Friday.

The club also gave a contract extension to goaltending coach Stephane Waite Jordan Howard Bears Jersey , who has been with the team for five years.

The moves are part of an offseason shakeup by a Canadiens team that missed the playoffs for a second time in three years. On April 17, the club fired Sylvain Lefebvre, coach of their American Hockey League team, the Laval Rocket Jimmy Garoppolo Jersey Limited , which also missed the playoffs. Lefebvre has yet to be replaced.

Ducharme, 45, has built an impressive resume in junior hockey and may be seen as a potential future replacement for Canadiens head coach Claude Julien.

Ducharme coached 10 years in the QMJHL with Halifax and Drummondville. In 2013, he took a Mooseheads team that included future Colorado Avalanche star Nathan MacKinnon and Canadiens winger Jonathan Drouin to a Memorial Cup title Zack Martin Jersey Womens , as well as winning the QMJHL coach of the year award. He moved to Drummondville in 2016 to be closer to his family.

Ducharme coached Canada twice at the world juniors, winning silver in 2017 and gold in 2018.

The NBA is headed to India next week, bringing another Basketball Without Borders camp to Asia.

Miami’s Kelly Olynyk, Oklahoma City’s Corey Brewer http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/tremaine-edmunds-jersey , Brooklyn’s Caris LeVert and Dallas’ Dwight Powell will be among the coaches at the camp that starts May 30, the NBA said Thursday.

Olynyk was a BWB camp player in 2009, invited from his native Canada to play in Mexico City.

Former WNBA players Ruth Riley and Ebony Hoffman will also be coaching in India, along with NBA assistant coaches – Brooklyn’s Bret Brielmaier Jimmy Garoppolo 49ers Jersey , Atlanta’s Darvin Ham, Minnesota’s Ryan Saunders and Utah’s Mike Wells.

The camp runs through June 2 at the NBA Academy in India. Boys and girls from 16 countries were invited.

Other BWB camps are planned this year in Serbia and South Africa.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

of those who can do just about everything good – he can shoo

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 13, 2018 23:28

Ndamukong Suh won’t become a New York Jet.

Acting owner Christopher Johnson said Sunday the team has rescinded its offer to the free agent defensive tackle.

Johnson was vague on reasons for the move Derick Brassard Penguins Jersey , admitting though that it ”didn’t seem to be in keeping with our long-term plan.”

Suh has said the Jets made the largest offer, something Johnson couldn’t confirm. The owner said he discussed the offer with the former Lions and Dolphins player with general manager Mike Maccagnan ”and I think our thinking changed a bit. It was a pretty high offer; all these good guys will be a lot of money.”

New York has plenty of cap space to afford Suh, particularly after losing out in the bidding for quarterback Kirk Cousins, who chose Minnesota. But Johnson, in charge of the Jets while his brother, primary owner Woody Johnson, serves as ambassador to the United Kingdom, indicated the team is comfortable having the room to afford big-ticket players next year.

Johnson was not part of the process when Maccagnan made the original offer to Suh.

”Saying I stepped in is somewhat overstating the case,” Johnson said. ”Looking into what our plan is, it was apparent to the two of us that this didn’t work.”

The Jets have a need on the defensive line after releasing Muhammad Wilkerson, now with the Packers, and previously trading Sheldon Richardson. They own the third overall pick in next month’s draft, having traded up from the sixth spot, but Johnson indicated – while Joe Thomas Jersey , he joked, trying to keep a ”poker face” – that the Jets will select a quarterback there.

Suh, 31, is a five-time Pro Bowler who was released by Miami at the start of free agency.

Suh was halfway through the $114 million, six-year deal he signed when he joined the Dolphins in 2015. Along with the incentive of creating $17 million in cap space this year, the move was widely seen as part of coach Adam Gase’s attempt to improve the locker room culture following a 6-10 season.

Suh’s standoffish personality raised questions about his leadership, and he has never been on a team that won a playoff game.

Johnson said there is no mandate on Maccagnan and coach Todd Bowles to make the playoffs this season. The Jets were 5-11 in 2017 with an under-talented roster and actually had a shot at a .500 record until veteran quarterback Josh McCown broke his left hand in December.

”I think it’s counterproductive,” Johnson said. ”It can’t happen fast enough; I want this team to be deep in the p layoffs, the type of team that can go to the playoffs year after year. I don’t want to load up on people who can get you there, not keep you there.”

AP Sports Writer Steven Wine contributed to this report.

Andre Iguodala knocked down another clutch 3-pointer and let out some rare emotion, triumphantly reaching his arms out wide as he ran back to the defensive end. The Golden State swingman had thrown down a spectacular alley-oop dunk only 31 seconds earlier, and he was feeling it as the clocked ticked away on a second straight lopsided playoff win.

There’s something about Iguodala in the postseason. He paces himself through the regular season to be fresh and ready – and sometimes dominant – on the big stage for the defending NBA champions.

”Everyone gets hyped when Andre gets hyped because that’s a rare occurrence,” teammate Klay Thompson said. ”You might see it on the golf course.”

It’s just what the short-handed Warriors were hoping to see.

Iguodala is back in the starting lineup for Golden State’s first-round series against the Spurs, filling in for Stephen Curry as the two-time MVP recovers from a sprained left knee. That’s how versatile Iguodala is: the 6-foot-6 swingman can be inserted in place of a point guard. The Warriors will go for a 3-0 lead Thursday when the best-of-seven series shifts to San Antonio.

At 34 Jim Kelly Bills Jersey , Iguodala knows how to take care of himself over the long grind of an NBA season, all to be prepared to do whatever is asked of him in the playoffs.

”For us to be able to throw Andre out there really 1 through 4 both offensively and defensively, it’s an incredibly valuable weapon,” coach Steve Kerr said.

That’s when he has been at his brilliant best for the Warriors – and they are getting their money’s worth from a major investment last summer.

Many feared he might leave, but Iguodala received a $48 million, three-year contract to stay put and chase another championship. Even if he could have landed a bigger role elsewhere.

”Well, we met with him and we gave him our pitch and lots of money so we were hoping he wasn’t going to leave,” Kerr said. ”I didn’t anticipate him leaving because he knows this is a great situation for him and we rewarded him for everything he’s done and for what we think he can do for us. I think this year was a good example of that. A lot of people were grumbling about he’s not shooting the ball well or whatever. … It’s the incredible defense, amazing awareness, intelligence, leadership.”

Iguodala keeps it simple, whether he’s in the lineup or coming off the bench: ”Just try to do whatever it takes to help the team get over the hump and get a win.”

In 2015, Kerr moved Iguodala into the starting lineup, and he became Finals MVP as the franchise captured its first championship in 40 years.

Golden State is hoping for the same this spring. Iguodala had only started seven times before Game 1 of the playoffs Saturday http://www.buffalobillsteamonline.com/tremaine-edmunds-jersey , when he had seven rebounds, four assists and three points.

That’s after he missed four of the final five regular season games with a sore left knee.

”He’s definitely got to pace himself, the man’s played so much hoops in the last 15 years,” Thompson said. ”Andre is a gamer. He is going to step up in the biggest moments, and right now it’s the playoffs. We have all the trust in the world for him, that’s why he’s a Finals MVP.”

On Monday, Iguodala finished with 14 points on 5-of-7 shooting with four 3-pointers, seven rebounds, five assists, a steal and a block.

And he can guard anybody.

”His hands are so good. That’s the small thing that people don’t realize, he’s got great hands when he gets steals,” Kevin Durant said. ”So guys are just thinking about that when they’re trying to score on him. As a scorer you’ve got to think about something other than getting to your spots or getting into your rhythm and it throws you off just a little bit. And that’s all you need to guard the best player, just for them to think just a tiny bit and Dre does that.”

Iguodala was part of the Warriors group that traveled to the Hamptons to persuade Durant to join a super team in July 2016.

”I always knew what Andre could do,” Durant said. ”I played two USA teams with him Authentic Evander Kane Jersey , so I kind of knew his value. He’s not one of those guys that’s going to go out and say, `Here, Dre, give us 30 points.’ He’s one of those who can do just about everything good – he can shoot, he can pass, he can dribble, he can defend, he can rebound, he can do all those things really good. It’s not like he wants to do one thing more than the other.”

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

ight spot in a lo

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 13, 2018 23:36

Tiger Woods attracted most of the attention. Jordan Spieth caused the most concern.

Opening day at the Masters had a wide-open feel until Spieth hit his stride. He saved three straight pars with that superb short game. He ran off three straight birdies to take the lead. And then he fired an 8-iron at the pin on the par-3 16th Ezekiel Elliott Jersey Elite , letting the club twirl through his hands as he walked away, knowing only that it was another good one. It plopped down 5 feet away.

Spieth took only 10 putts on the back nine. He made five straight birdies, a career best for him in the majors. Even a bogey on the final hole felt like a par the way he navigated out of the trees and limited the damage with a pitch that stopped inches from going in.

That gave him a 6-under 66 and a two-shot lead over Tony Finau and Matt Kuchar.

Woods has some catching up to do. He failed to birdie any of the par 5s. He was under par one only one hole. He hit a 9-iron into Rae’s Creek. And only a pair of birdies over the last five holes enabled him to scratch out a 73 and at least stay in range, seven shots behind.

PRO BASKETBALL

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) – Tyronn Lue returned to work humbled, changed and with a new perspective.

Cleveland’s coach has been rewired by a serious health scare.

Lue was back on the sidelines Thursday night and had his blood pressure tested as the Cavaliers rallied to win in his first game following a medical absence that became necessary after he experienced ”piercing” chest pains during two games this season.

Now that he’s feeling better, Lue even joked about his heart after the Cavs overcame a 17-point deficit in the fourth quarter to stun the Washington Wizards 119-115.

”I told the guys after the game, `Good job of bailing me out.’ It was tough,” Lue said. ”First game back and not having a point guard and not knowing what sets to call and what to run because you haven’t worked on it. Our rotations were a little off tonight so, I mean Custom Chicago Bears Jersey , I was rusty.”

Earlier in the day, Lue, who guided the Cavs to an NBA title in 2016, described his ordeal in some detail for the first time. Lue said he had been bothered by chest pains for more than a year, but when they worsened during a March 17 game in Chicago, he realized it was time to step away and get help.

PRO HOCKEY

CHICAGO (AP) – The Chicago Blackhawks are not making changes behind the bench after missing the playoffs for the first time in a decade.

Team President John McDonough told reporters Thursday that he plans to bring back both coach Joel Quenneville and general manager Stan Bowman after a dismal season for a team that has won three Stanley Cup championships since 2010 but stumbled to a last-place finish in the Central Division this season.

”I believe in continuity, they’ve had an incredible body of success,” McDonough told reporters. ”We’re not tethered to the past. This has been a very disappointing year and our expectations are incredibly high. We’re not going to deviate from those expectations. But I believe both Stan and Joel are the guys that are going to bring this back.”

Chicago had reached the playoffs every year since Quenneville took over four games into the 2008-09 season, winning it all in 2010, 2013 and 2015. But the Blackhawks lost in the first round each of the past two years and this year was a nightmare.

BASEBALL

BINGHAMTON Aaron Rodgers Packers Jersey , N.Y. (AP) – Tim Tebow sure knows how to make an entrance.

Playing his first game in Double-A ball, Tebow hit a three-run homer on the first pitch he saw. The New York Mets minor leaguer connected on a frigid night at home for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies in the Eastern League, facing Portland.

Last April, Tebow homered in his first at-bat with the Class A Columbia Fireflies of the South Atlantic League.

This time, the former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL quarterback sent a liner far over the fence down the right-field line as the crowd at NYSEG Stadium stood and cheered the 30-year-old outfielder.

The lefty-swinging Tebow capped a five-run first inning against righty Teddy Stankiewicz, a second-round draft pick by Boston in 2013. The Sea Dogs are a Red Sox affiliate.

The Philadelphia 76ers will go for a franchise-record 15th straight win Tuesday night against the Atlanta Hawks.

The 76ers (50-30) matched a team-best streak by beating the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday. Their 50th victory of the season clinched home-court advantage in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

Atlanta (24-57) defeated Boston on Sunday, but it remains in last place in the East. The Hawks, beset by injuries in a rebuilding season, have the third-worst record in the NBA.

Philadelphia is one of the NBA’s surprise teams. The 76ers were expected to compete for a playoff spot, but they are in position to finish as high as third in the East.

Philadelphia coach Brett Brown said Evander Kane Sharks Jersey , “We are growing a culture. We’ve won 50 games and we have home-court advantage and we’ve tied a record. That’s true. But that is never really what’s most on my mind.”

And the 76ers have been without Joel Embiid, who averages a team-leading 22.9 points and 11 rebounds but has missed the last six games.

Brown said Embiid, out with a fractured orbital bone after a collision with teammate Markelle Fultz, might resume conditioning and shooting as soon as Monday. That could mean a return for the playoffs.

The 76ers are a deep scoring team, with seven players averaging double figures. J.J. Redick (17 points), Ben Simmons (16 points, 8.1 rebounds) and Robert Covington (12.8 points, 5.4 rebounds) have stepped up to pick up the slack since Embiid’s injury.

The addition of veterans Marco Belinelli and Ersan Ilyasova, both dumped by the Hawks in midseason, has solidified the rotation.

“This shows how far we’ve come this season Blake Martinez Jersey Youth ,” Simmons said. “Everyone was putting us lower than expected. I think we pushed through the times. We had a tough start with the teams we’ve played. I think we got better over time.”

Atlanta, despite being without injured starters Kent Bazemore and Dennis Schroder, has continued to play hard for coach Mike Budenholzer. The Hawks have won two straight for only the second time this season and three of their last five.

“(The Boston win) is especially gratifying, knowing you have a couple impact players out and still be able to do what we do,” forward Taurean Prince said. “It’s good to see what we’re able to do, even without a full team.”

Prince has been a bright spot in a long season. He has given Atlanta a legitimate 3-point shooting threat. He made 7 of 8 3-pointers on Sunday and scored 33 points.

The second-year player has improved his numbers from his rookie year in almost every category. His scoring average has gone from 5.7 to 14 and his 3-point percentage from 32.4 to 38.7 percent. He has scored 30 points in five games.

The 76ers have won two previous meetings with the Hawks, both by 10 points. Philadelphia prevailed in its first visit to Atlanta on Nov. 1, then won March 30 in Philadelphia.

This will be the season finale for Atlanta. Philadelphia plays its last game on Wednesday at home against Milwaukee, which could be the 76ers’ first-round playoff opponent.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Re: Equaç “We’re definitely goi

Mensagempor elaine95 » Seg Ago 13, 2018 23:56

鈥?For a guy who has dealt with so many high-profile people 鈥?Jerry Jones LeSean McCoy Jersey Youth , Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll to name a few 鈥?Jed Hughes manages to stay out of the limelight.That’s just fine with Hughes. Brokering deals is what he’s all about.Hughes has been doing so for more than a decade, going back to helping Jones find a coach (Chan Gailey) in 1998. As vice chairman of Korn/Ferry International, he marries teams and organizations with candidates who fit a certain profile for the open position. Those groups have ranged from NFL clubs 鈥?six current head coaches (Dan Quinn, Carroll, Andy Reid, Hue Jackson, Doug Marrone, and Bill O’Brien) got their jobs with the aid of Hughes’ placement company 鈥?to the NBA, college sports Davante Adams Packers Jersey , Major League Baseball and the USOC.The philosophy is simple.“It has to be the right culture fit,” says Hughes, a former football coach for the Vikings, Steelers and Browns, plus Michigan, Stanford and UCLA. “You have to make the chemistry work. Communication at all levels is a critical element.”That communication is a constant whether Hughes is working with a publicly owned franchise, the Green Bay Packers 鈥?he helped find a CEO, Mark Murphy, in 2007 鈥?or the U.S. Olympic Committee (he aided in the hiring of CEO Scott Blackmun in 2010, during a time of major turmoil in that organization). It’s the same if he is working with a front-and-center owner such as Jones in Dallas Lawrence Taylor Jersey , a behind-the-scenes type like Paul Allen in Seattle, or a relative newcomer to NFL ownership, Shad Khan in Jacksonville.Hughes was instrumental in Doug Marrone’s promotion from interim to head coach of the Jaguars. During the search process, Khan also decided Tom Coughlin would be an invaluable addition to the front office. Hughes isn’t taking any credit for the team’s return to the playoffs this season, but he does smile when relaying the dynamics of those deals.“Shad had been an owner for five years, and his team had averaged less than four wins a season,” Hughes says. “What he wanted was strong leadership on the football side, and Tom had a strong connection with Jacksonville and was interested in coming back. He had stayed active in football, and it was Tom who suggested the role.“He and Doug have showed they are the right fit.”How does Korn/Ferry determine which candidates might possess that fit?The company puts together alignment sheets and an assortment of questionnaires and specs 鈥?some look as lengthy as a game plan 鈥?that reference the qualities the team or organization want, and the qualities the candidates bring. It doesn’t hurt Joe Thomas Jersey Youth , Hughes says, that he has long-standing friendships and bonds with so many people in the sports business.Cleveland’s recent hiring of John Dorsey as general manager is a case in points, Hughes explains. The Browns began searching for someone much earlier in the season, and Hughes not only had a relationship with Dorsey, but recognized the skills Dorsey showed as GM in Kansas City 鈥?solid draft picks, salary cap management 鈥?were what Cleveland’s owners sought most.“He could manage a roster and a team’s assets the most effectively,” Hughes says.Because Cleveland announced Dorsey’s hiring shortly after firing Sashi Brown, questions arose about the team adhering to the Rooney Rule. But Hughes says the Browns spoke with many candidates throughout the season, including minorities. They somehow managed to do so very quietly.Korn/Ferry also has three white papers authored by Hughes that concentrate on strategies for succeeding as a new team owner; how to become a successful general manager; and the challenges that new coaches and GMs face. Those papers were put together after Hughes spoke with many of his former clients and other industry leaders.Hughes will not take on more than one client at a time in a specific sport because of the competitiveness of the hiring process. But the list of clients throughout the sports world indicates how busy he has been. He was involved in Shaka Smart going from VCU to coach basketball at Texas; John Wildhack leaving ESPN to become the athletic director at Syracuse; Patrick Ewing’s hiring as coach at Georgetown; Tom Thibodeau and Scott Layden landing with the Timberwolves as coach and GM, respectively; and three men landing commissionerships Walter Payton Bears Jersey , Larry Scott with the Pac-12; Greg Sankey with the SEC, and Bob Bowlsby at the Big 12.“We seek a quantitative way to define leadership traits and competency levels,” Hughes says. “That can be different at all levels of sports. But one thing about sports: nothing is guaranteed.” — San Francisco newcomer Richard Sherman will miss the next week of training camp and the 49ers‘ preseason opener after straining a hamstring in practice Friday.

“We’re definitely going to rest him at least a week,” 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said Saturday. “We don’t think it should be long term. It’s Grade 1, it’s a little higher than we expected so we got to be careful with that.”

The former Seattle cornerback was hurt chasing down receiver Pierre Garcon after a long completion from Jimmy Garoppolo during a full-team drill. The three-time All-Pro returned to practice at the start of training camp after suffering a torn right Achilles in November with the Seahawks. Sherman signed a three-year $39.15 million deal in the offseason after being cut by Seattle.

In Sherman’s place Sunday, the 49ers rotated Tyvis Powell and Greg Mabin with the starting defense. Jimmie Ward stepped in for Sherman during the offseason program but has been withheld from full-team drills after suffering a hamstring strain last week. Ward has participated during individual portions of the last two practices.

San Francisco opens its preseason slate Thursday night at home against the Dallas Cowboys.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

:40 p.m.Camp close

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Ago 14, 2018 00:04

NBA veteran Andrew Bogut is set to join the Sydney Kings in Australia’s National Basketball League.

The Sydney club issued a brief statement Monday saying it had submitted paperwork to the NBL for Bogut’s recruitment. The Kings said they’d make no further comment ”but will provide an update in due course.”

Speculation about the big Australian center’s pending move to Sydney intensified late Sunday after tweets from the club and from Bogut Jaire Alexander Jersey Youth , who kicked things off with a post that read: ”Are there any roster spots left for the upcoming (at)NBL season? Asking for a friend……?”

No details of the deal have been confirmed. The NBL, which runs the eight-team league, said it had received paperwork from the Kings regarding Bogut and ”we are following the standard player contract process as we do for all players.”

Bogut revealed in March that he wouldn’t be returning to the NBA this season in order to remain in Australia with his pregnant wife.

After being waived by the Los Angeles Lakers in January, it was expected the 33-year-old free agent would join a contending team for a playoff push.

But Bogut said he’d stay in Australia and focus on returning in the 2018-19 season. He tweeted that his wife’s pregnancy with their second child has been deemed ”high-risk” and she’s not allowed to travel.

Bogut played 24 games for the Lakers after signing last September, averaging 1.5 points and 3.3 rebounds while starting five games. He was acquired by Cleveland in the second half of last season, but he fractured his left leg less than a minute into his debut with the Cavaliers.

Bogut was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 draft. He played seven years with the Bucks before a move to Golden State, where he won an NBA championship in 2015.

>WASHINGTON 鈥?Mister Smith is going to Washington, even though the burgundy and gold will be training in Richmond, Virginia, and what Redskins fan doesn’t want to watch him get ready for the season?As Washington’s 2018 starting QB Tre'Davious White Bills Jersey , Alex Smith is coming off his best NFL season.But he still needs to at least live up to Captain Kirk, who, despite how fans feel about his three years with the Redskins, is only the 11th QB in NFL history to post three straight 4,000-yard seasons, and the only Redskin to do so. He started all 48 games, set a bushel of franchise passing records, and led a team that couldn鈥檛 run or play defense to consecutive winning seasons for the first time in a generation.How will Mister Smith fare? Only time, and maybe observations at training camp, will tell.Training camp scheduleTraining camp runs July 26 to Aug. 14.Related GalleryWorld’s most valuable sports teams of 2018Everyone knows that sports are more than fun and games. They are emotional Clay Matthews Packers Jersey , they are thrilling, they showcase the human spirit at its best (unless you’re a Cubs fan), but they’re also a business. Find out whether your club made the list.Thursday, July 26:Camp opens: 8:30 a.m.Morning practice: 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 4:40 p.m. – 5:40 p.m.Camp closes: 6 p.m.Friday, July 27:Camp opens: 8:30 a.m.Morning practice: 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 4:40 p.m. – 5:40 p.m.Camp closes: 6 p.m.Saturday, July 28Camp opens: 8:30 a.m.Morning practice: 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 4:40 p.m. – 5:40 p.m.Camp closes: 6 p.m.Military Appreciation Day presented by Geico MilitaryRelated StoriesColumn: Redskins’ Alex Smith must boldly go where Captain Kirk couldn’tSports ColumnsRedskins’ McGee, Holsey to start training camp on sidelinesWashington RedskinsTop questions facing Redskins as they report to Training CampWashington RedskinsRedskins Training Camp CapsuleWashington RedskinsSunday, July 29Camp opens: 8:30 a.m.Morning practice: 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 4:40 p.m. – 5:40 p.m.Camp closes: 6 p.m.Monday, July 30Camp closedTuesday, July 31Camp opens: 8:30 a.m.Morning practice: 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 4:40 p.m. – 5:40 p.m.Camp closes: 6 p.m.Wednesday Aaron Rodgers Jersey Youth , Aug. 1Camp opens: 8:30 a.m.Morning practice: 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 4:40 p.m. – 5:40 p.m.Camp closes: 6 p.m.Thursday, Aug. 2Camp opens: 8:30 a.m.Morning practice: 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 4:40 p.m. – 5:40 p.m.Camp closes: 6 p.m.Friday, Aug. 3Camp closed.Saturday, Aug. 4Camp opens: 11:30 a.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. practiceCamp closes: 3:30 p.m.Fan Appreciation DaySunday, Aug. 5Camp opens: 8:30 a.m.Morning practice: 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 4:40 p.m. – 5:40 p.m.Camp closes: 6 p.m.Monday, Aug. 6Camp opens: 8:30 a.m.Morning practice: 9:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 4:40 p.m. – 5:40 p.m.Camp closes: 6 p.m.Tuesday, Aug. 7Camp opens: 12:30 p.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 1:35 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. practiceCamp closes: 3:30 p.m.Kids DayWednesday, Aug. 8Camp closed.Thursday, Aug. 9The Washington Redskins play the New England Patriots at 7:30 p.m. EST in Boston.Friday, Aug. 10Camp closed.Saturday Landon Collins Jersey Youth , Aug. 11Camp opens: 12:30 p.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 1:35 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. practiceCamp closes: 3:30 p.m.Social Media Day presented by NBC Sports WashingtonSunday, Aug. 12Camp opens: 12:30 p.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 1:35 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. practiceCamp closes: 3:30 p.m.Monday, Aug. 13Camp opens: 12:30 p.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 1:35 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. practiceCamp closes: 3:30 p.m.Think Pink Day to raise awareness about breast cancerTuesday, Aug. 14Camp opens: 12:30 p.m.Afternoon walkthrough: 1:35 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. practiceCamp closes: 3:30 p.m.Youth Football DayWhat to know and securityThe Redskins ask that fans bring their own lawn chairs or blankets to sit on, since there won’t be bleachers available.And when it comes to security, anyone (and his bags) are subject to search.The following items are prohibited at the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center:Alcohol and illegal drugs;WeaponsFirearmsGlass bottlesVideo camerasAnimals (except for certified guide dogs assisting disabled guests).Food and beverages will be available for fans to purchase on-site.ParkingParking lots will not open earlier than 30 minutes prior to training camp and will close 30 minutes after the end of camp.The full schedule is available on the Bon Secours site.Daily parkingHandicapped Parking: 2300 West Broad St. (43 spaces). Must present valid Handicapped tag to have access 鈥?parking fees apply.928 North Meadow St. (500 spaces) 鈥?parking fees apply.Extra parking for Fan Appreciation Day will be at 901 East Hermitage St. (70 spaces) 鈥?parking fees apply.A parking map is below. Like WTOP on Facebook and follow WTOP on to engage in conversation about this article and others.漏 2018 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area..
elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

The 23-year-old M

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Ago 14, 2018 00:11

Dirk Nowitzki plans to become the first player to spend all 21 seasons with the same NBA franchise.

Dennis Smith Jr. will be half the German star’s age when the Dallas Mavericks open next season looking to end the first two-year playoff drought in nearly two decades. The team posted its worst record since 1997-98 Tarik Cohen Jersey Youth , the year before Nowitzki arrived.

The No. 9 overall pick who turned 20 early in what ended up as a solid rookie season, Smith figures to have a new teammate facing high expectations the way he did. Dallas will pick no lower than seventh in June.

Smith will have at least one thing in common with Nowitzki, who turns 40 this summer. They want the Mavericks to be regulars in the postseason again, the way they were before the current swoon.

”I’ve been in a couple of arenas that are playoff teams, and I just witnessed the atmosphere,” Smith said. ”I can only imagine how it is playoff time.”

It’s certainly better than 24-58, tied with Atlanta for the league’s third-worst record. Youth, injuries and a difficult schedule buried the Mavericks early for the second straight year.

They spent the last half of the season wondering where they would fall in the lottery Jim Kelly Jersey , and owner Mark Cuban was fined $600,000 for suggesting that Dallas had been tanking for two seasons. Part of Cuban’s point was that he’d had enough of that approach.

”We do not want to go back to what we just experienced,” president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said. ”That’s unanimous, from the top on down. When you go through retooling or rebuilding situations like we’re going through now, it’s done with the right people.”

For Nelson, two of those three people are in place in Smith and leading scorer Harrison Barnes. The third is coming in the draft. Nelson compared the situation to when he joined his dad, former coach and general manager Don Nelson, in Dallas 20 years ago. Michael Finley was already there. Steve Nash and Nowitzki were on the way.

The Mavericks made the playoffs 15 out of 16 years starting in 2001 Aaron Rodgers Jersey , winning their first championship in 2011. They haven’t won a playoff series since.

”We’re certainly hoping that we’re not in the early stages of a rebuild,” coach Rick Carlisle said. ”We want to get through this as expeditiously as possible. But there’s no way you can skip steps.”

Things to consider after the first 50-loss season for Dallas since the last of seven in an eight-season stretch in the 1990s:

DIRK FOR 22?

Surgery for bone spurs in his left ankle ended Nowitzki’s season a few games early, but after he had set a record for games in a 20th season with 77. He has had a season-to-season approach for several years now.

”I’m hoping the ankle will be tons better than this year,” said Nowitzki , who figures to pass Wilt Chamberlain on the career scoring list but get passed by LeBron James to leave him where he is now – sixth place. ”It’s hard for me at this point to commit further than one year or say one year’s it.”

SMITH’S BACKUPS

J.J. Barea has a year left on his contract after averaging career highs of 11.6 points and 6.3 assists per game. Yogi Ferrell and Seth Curry have expiring contracts, but the Mavericks figure to be interested. Ferrell proved to be a solid role player on a two-year deal earned after a flashy start on a 10-day contract last season. Dallas had high hopes for Curry, but the younger brother of Golden State star Stephen Curry missed the season with a stress fracture in his lower left leg.

MORE FIREPOWER

The Dallas roster was loaded with undrafted and/or G League players, and Carlisle has been praised for the development of some of those younger players. Now it’s time to replace projects with weapons.

”Getting Rick ammunition is our No. 1 priority in the offseason Odell Beckham Jr Giants Jersey ,” Nelson said. ”We’ve got a great opportunity in the draft. Free agency as you know will be extremely active. There’s trade fronts obviously that will be probed as well.”

THE LAST OF NOEL

There was no mention of center Nerlens Noel on the final day of interviews. Suspended the final five games for violating the NBA’s anti-drug program, Noel never developed into the post player Dallas envisioned after getting him at the trading deadline last season. After a lost season on a one-year deal as a restricted free agent, he hits the open market with little or no value.

Matt Martin is going back to the New York Islanders.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have dealt the feisty forward to the Islanders, who drafted him in 2008. The Leafs get minor-league goalie Eamon McAdam in the deal.

Also on Tuesday, the Islanders agreed to a one-year, $1.5 million deal with goalie Robin Lehner. Lehner had a 3.01 goals-against average with a .908 save percentage in 53 games with the Buffalo Sabres last season.

The Sabres declined to give Lehner a $4 million qualifying offer as a restricted free agent and relinquished his rights. He will try to improve the Islanders goaltending which allowed a league-high 293 goals last season.

Martin signed a four-year, $10 million deal with the Leafs prior to the 2016 season. After playing every game in his first season with the Leafs, Martin suited up for just 50 games this past season and did not dress for Toronto’s seven-game playoff series against the Boston Bruins.

In 132 games for the Leafs Tre'Davious White Jersey , the 29-year-old Martin had eight goals, 13 assists and 173 penalty minutes.

The 23-year-old McAdam split the 2017-18 season between Bridgeport of the AHL and Worcester of the ECHL. A third-round pick of the Islanders in 2013, McAdam has not played in the NHL.

The move comes two days after the Leafs beat out the Islanders for marquee free agent John Tavares, who had been with New York since starting his NHL career in 2009.

It marks the first trade between new Leafs GM Kyle Dubas and the man who preceded him in that role – Islanders GM Lou Lamoriello.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

Edmonton tied the gam

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Ago 14, 2018 00:17

Domantas Sabonis had barely settled into his seat on the bench when coach Nate McMillan looked his way.

When Myles Turner picked up two early fouls Jim Kelly Bills Jersey , Sabonis was pressed into duty much earlier than usual.

”By the time my heat packs came I had to go in, and I was like, `Uh oh,”’ Sabonis said with a laugh.

But the 6-foot-10 forward from Lithuania responded with a career-high 30 points, helping the Indiana Pacers beat the Charlotte Hornets 123-117 on Sunday to keep alive their slim hopes of winning the Central Division title.

Victor Oladipo had 27 points on 12-of-15 shooting and Lance Stephenson, a former Hornet, had 10 rebounds, 10 assists and eight points for the Pacers, who have won seven of their last nine games.

Sabonis said he feels comfortable in the Pacers’ system, where he is playing more center than he did earlier in the season.

”I love it here Tarik Cohen Jersey ,” Sabonis said. ”It’s a great system. We have a great group of guys who believe in it and we all want to win so that’s been working for us.”

McMillan said Sabonis has been solid all season, whether it has been in a starting role or reserve, or playing the four or five position.

”He does a good job of getting the offense moving from side to side,” McMillan said. ”He’s made good decisions out there when he’s played.”

For Indiana (48-33) to win the Central and earn home-court advantage for the first round of the NBA playoffs, it needs to beat Charlotte on Tuesday night and have Cleveland (49-31) lose its final two games against the New York Knicks. The Pacers have the tiebreaker advantage over the Cavaliers after taking three of four in the season series, including a 124-107 win in November.

The Pacers jumped out to a 70-57 halftime lead after shooting 67 percent from the field, including 6 of 9 from 3-point range.

Charlotte rallied in the third quarter, but the Pacers took over and quickly built a 20-point lead even with Oladipo on the bench with four fouls.

Indiana shot 54 percent from the field for the game.

TIP INS

Pacers: Stephenson wore gold-colored shoes. … Glenn Robinson III and Cory Joseph each had 13 points as the Pacers’ reserves outscored the Hornets’ backups, 72-60.

Hornets: Kemba Walker didn’t score until there was 5 minutes left in the second quarter and finished with 12 points. … The Hornets honored play-by-play announcer Steve Martin, who is retiring after 30 seasons with the franchise.

NO QUIET MONK

Malik Monk is finishing his rookie season with a flurry. After scoring a career-high 26 points in his previous game Authentic Evander Kane Jersey , Monk led the Hornets with 22 against the Pacers.

”I’ve been watching Kemba a lot when I was sitting on the bench so I’ve been learning everything he’s been doing and I’ve been trying to do that when I stepped on the court,” Monk said.

Monk has improved in the pick-and-roll game.

”Almost all of his baskets were off pick and rolls and it’s not just his scoring,” Hornets coach Steve Clifford said. ”The thing he’s doing better is making plays for other people. That to me is as much of an indicator as anything of the growth he has made in terms of learning how to play.”

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

McMillan said one of the team’s goals this season was to finish above .500 on the road. It finished 21-20 in such games.

UP NEXT

Pacers: Host Hornets on Tuesday.

Hornets: Visit Pacers on Tuesday.

The Sedin era has reached its official conclusion.

Leon Draisiatl scored in regulation and added the shootout winner, helping the Edmonton Oilers beat the Canucks 3-2 on Saturday night in the final game of the impressive careers of Vancouver forwards Daniel and Henrik Sedin.

Neither Sedin scored, though Daniel Sedin did get a goal in the shootout with both players’ families watching from the Canucks’ bench. Henrik Sedin also tried for his first career shootout goal, but was turned away on a slap shot.

”It was fun,” Daniel Sedin said. ”There were a lot of emotions. We’ve been with a lot of these guys for a long time. It’s been a pleasure.

”It’s been fun to be a part of, but now it’s time to move on.”

Henrik Sedin wrapped up his career 65th in scoring with 1,070 career points. Daniel Sedin is 73rd with 1,041 points.

”I’ve always enjoyed playing here Kyle Long Jersey Youth ,” Henrik Sedin said about closing his career in Edmonton. ”We’ve had a lot of good battles and we’ve had some success here. But to get that (applause) here in a place that used to be our biggest rival and hopefully we can get back there, it was nice, we did not expect that.

”There were a lot of things going on, and it was really tough to get our focus back in the game, but I thought we did a good job.”

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins also scored for the Oilers (36-40-6), who won their final two games in a disappointing season that saw them miss the playoffs despite being early favorites.

Connor McDavid had a pair of assists to give him 108 points and clinch his second consecutive Art Ross Trophy as the league’s leading scorer. In doing so, he joins Wayne Gretzky as the only two players in NHL history to win the scoring race more than once at 22 years of age or younger.

”That is pretty special,” the Oilers captain said. ”That is some pretty good company to be a part of. It definitely means a lot, and I have my teammates to thank for everything. They helped me a lot down the stretch and did everything they could.”

Jussi Jokinen and Tyler Motte scored for the Canucks (31-40-11), who won five of their final seven games to close out a playoff-missing campaign of their own. The Sedins were held scoreless in their final game.

McDavid helped start the scoring six minutes into play by feeding it across to Draisaitl Jordan Howard Bears Jersey , who beat Canucks goalie Anders Nilsson for his 25th of the season.

Jokinen got a piece of a Brendan Leipsic shot and it caromed past Edmonton starter Cam Talbot as Vancouver tied it 1-1 with two minutes left in the first.

Motte fished out a puck during a scramble out front and beat Talbot up high to give the Canucks a 2-1 lead.

Edmonton tied the game back up a couple minutes later as McDavid earned another assist by dropping it back to Nugent-Hopkins, who tied a career high with his 24th goal of the season.

NOTES: It was the fourth and final meeting of the season between the Canadian clubs, with the Canucks winning two of the first three. … There was a lengthy moment of silence before the game to honor the victims of Saskatchewan’s Humboldt Broncos minor hockey team bus tragedy on Friday. In addition, both teams wore decals to recognize the victims, the proceeds from the 50/50 draw went toward the cause and the home logo on the scoreboard was a hybrid between the Oilers and Broncos.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

e

Mensagempor elaine95 » Ter Ago 14, 2018 00:23

The Winnipeg Jets were in rhythm and the Vegas Golden Knights looked rusty.

Or Ty Montgomery Jersey Elite , maybe the Jets are just that good.

Dustin Byfuglien scored about a minute after the puck dropped and Winnipeg built a three-goal lead early in the first period and went on to beat Vegas 4-2 on Saturday night in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals.

While the Jets played at home less than 48 hours after advancing past top-seeded Nashville on the road, the Golden Knights were off for nearly a week after eliminating San Jose in the second round.

”We didn’t have much of a rest,” Byfuglien said. ”We’re still in game mode.”

Patrik Laine and Joel Armia had goals 46 seconds apart to put the Jets up 3-0. Mark Scheifele gave Winnipeg a 4-1 lead midway on a power play through the second period with his 12th goal this postseason.

Brayden McNabb scored midway through the first and William Karlsson had a power-play goal late in the second period to pull Vegas within two, but the expansion team couldn’t get closer.

”We were chasing the game all night,” Golden Knights coach Gerard Gallant said.

Winnipeg’s Connor Hellebuyck made 18 saves.

Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 22 shots for the Golden Knights, whose Stanley Cup-winning goalie has given up at least three goals for the fifth time in six games.

”He’s the best goalie in the playoffs as far as I’m concerned,” Gallant said.

Fleury and the Golden Knights will have to be at, or near, their best when the Jets host Game 2 on Monday night before the series shifts to Las Vegas.

”Next game http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/lawrence-taylor-jersey , no excuses,” Golden Knights center Jonathan Marchessault said. ”Everybody needs to come and be ready to play our best game of the playoffs.

”We’re going to show what kind of team we are.”

Winnipeg, which is making its deepest playoff run in franchise history, started strong and fast. Vegas, meanwhile, didn’t appear anything like the team that took the league by storm in its record-breaking inaugural season.

The Jets’ fast, deep and talented team had 114 points this season and trailed only the Predators’ league-high total by three points. Their success has carried over into the postseason, winning all three Game 1s and avoiding trailing a series.

The hard-charging, smooth-passing Jets put the Pacific Division champions on their heels right from the start and didn’t relent.

”We did take advantage of being game ready Michael Gallup Cowboys Jersey ,” Winnipeg coach Paul Maurice said.

White-clad, towel-twirling raucous fans in the arena – and packed on surrounding streets – were fired up before the game started. And, they were given plenty of opportunities to celebrate in the opening minutes.

Byfuglien’s slap shot 1:05 into the game off a drop pass from Scheifele put Winnipeg up 1-0. That ignited the party-like atmosphere in a relatively cozy arena with just 16,345 seats and a low ceiling.

”That was huge for us,” Jets center Paul Stastny said. ”Early in the game, too. And then all of the sudden it gave life to everyone, everyone on the bench, the crowd.”

Fleury had no shot to stop Laine’s one-timer from the left circle off Wheeler’s cross-ice pass on a power play at the 6:49 mark of the first. Armia had a goal waved off less than a minute later only to have it restored by a challenge, which overturned the goaltender interference call on the ice.

”Sometimes getting your legs a little bit under you takes a few minutes here and they took advantage of it Clay Matthews Jersey Youth ,” Fleury said.

After the flurry of goals early, the Jets were able to play conservatively to cut down on Vegas’ comeback chances.

”We were getting the puck deep,” Scheifele said. ”We weren’t fooling around with it in the neutral zone.”

The Golden Knights pulled Fleury to add an extra skater late in the game, but had to put him back on the ice because there was a faceoff near him. They sent him to the bench again and had some chances to pull within one, but the shot-blocking Jets didn’t let the puck get to Hellebuyck much.

NOTES: The last time two teams were in the NHL conference finals for the first time was 2003 when Anaheim swept Minnesota. … Scheifele has four more goals than any player still in the postseason. … Fleury, a former Pittsburgh Penguin, has four shutouts this postseason and has allowed four goals in three games.

Follow Larry Lage at

If the Philadelphia Flyers and Florida Panthers are even in points, regulation and overtime wins, and goal differential at the end of the season Jimmy Garoppolo Jersey , they will play a one-game tiebreaker to determine who goes to the playoffs.

The NHL announced the unlikely but possible tiebreaker Friday as Philadelphia had one game and Florida two remaining. For the tiebreaker to happen on Tuesday, the Flyers would need to lose their regular-season finale Saturday against the New York Rangers by exactly two goals and the Panthers would need to beat the Buffalo Sabres and the Boston Bruins in a shootout Saturday and Sunday.

In that case, Philadelphia and Florida would each have 39 regulation/overtime wins and a plus-1 goal differential over the season, since a shootout victory counts as a goal. The teams split their season series (which by rule eliminates the odd game between them to even out home ice) and the league does not have any further tiebreakers.

Philadelphia has 96 points to Florida’s 92 and needs just a point against New York to clinch the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

This most recently happened in 2000 when the NHL announced Montreal and Buffalo would play a tiebreaking game if they finished the season tied for the final spot in the East. It did not come down to that, but it’s the precedent the league used to make this decision.

The league contacted the teams and the NHL Players’ Association before announcing the plan. After a coin flip was the mechanism in 2000, a lottery machine such as the one that determines the top three draft picks would be used this time to decide which team gets home-ice advantage.

Panthers general manager Dale Tallon declined comment and a Flyers spokesman said GM Ron Hextall was not speaking about the tiebreaker.

Given the tightness of the standings in the East and West, it’s likely this situation spawns a longer list of tiebreakers beginning next season. Records against common opponents and within the conference could be used, as they are in the NFL.

elaine95
Colaborador Voluntário
Colaborador Voluntário

AnteriorPróximo

Voltar para Sistemas de Equações

• Tópicos relacionados
    Respostas
    Exibições
    Última mensagem